The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS INNIS AND GUNN LOVE. :(

I really can't be bothered going to the shop, so I'm having a glass of Echo Falls Rose. It's very cold, which is helping to hide the awful taste.

Soldato
I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS INNIS AND GUNN LOVE. :(

Haha I had a couple of bottles of Harviestoun bitter and twisted last night which were nice, got these I&G at the same time but just got round to trying it as it was the last in their line of beers to try. Out of all of the ones (including the special editions) I prefer the rum cask but then I love rum :)

KaHn

Soldato
I'd offer to post you one but the bar I drink them in won't sell unopened bottles. Brewdog Glasgow sells them though, might be worth popping into the Aberdeen one - If you can bear the muppets in there!

Soldato
Slow night tonight.

I'm on the Montes Caernet Sauvignon 2010. It's good, heavy in tanins which a lot of people won't like. However I like my big, punch in the mouth, drinks. It's oak aged (6 months) which is noticeable, just. I paid £6 for it and it's a total bargain, well worth the price.

Shame there's only a glass left in the bottle! :p 14% aswell.

Soldato
Labrot & Graham Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select.

Yea, it's Bourbon. It's great.

Any good ales that you'd recommend from Morrisons Kanifee? I've decided it's going to become my local supermarket (pay a bit more, but the quality is better than Tesco). As mentioned, their beer selection is fantastic.

Obviously, I know about the craft beers and the foreign stuff but pretty ignorant about English stuff. I'm a big fan of Wychwood's stuff and rather partial to the beers Theakston's make. But, there are heaps (and I've drank some that are incredibly boring and meh) on the shelves and don't want to waste my money.

I should really go and browse that Good Beer thread!

Soldato
greene kings suffolk springer is a very tasty brew. triple c(after another bottle and a half, wich is what it usally takes for me to accustom my self to a brew) is tasting better if only a little let down on the hoppyness the label implies.
morrisons of course sell SN pale ale so always a good go to bottle if unsure of what to drink or just cant be bothered.
cockers hoop has been described as dull but i think its quite an interesting drink with a somewhat unique flavor compared to most other English ales.
i love old golden hen but thats more a transitional ale with a subtler flavor that isnt so offensive, there old crafty hen is tasty with a strong pinch to it aswell.

if they do it in your morrisons, as it is a geordy brew and i reside in Newcastle, worky ticket and radgey gadgey are tasty.

fraoch ale is ok, you may like it more than me as i could drink it again but it wouldn't be my first choice.

im doing a stint with a friend soon, we are buying one of each bottle in the ale isle, all to be consumed in one night half each a bottle each. i will be more qualified to answer them if only on the first 10-15 bottles consumed :D should be fun.

edit***

speckeled to crafty

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom