The **Now Drinking** Thread

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Been drinking cider today.

Started with a Green Goblin; which was fine. Next up was a Thatcher's Katy; which was, as always, nice. Third was Henry Weston's 2011 Vintage; which was also good. Next up was Old Rosie; which is one of my favourites so no guessing how I found that :p Now drinking Marco Pierre White The Governor Cider; which is ok but nothing special.

Think I'll have a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon next and then a glass of Graham's Crusted Port with some cheese before bed :cool:

Soldato
My next door neighbours are getting married today. The groom/best man/ushers left a little while ago in a limo, decked out with free bottles of champagne, and the groom very nicely gave me one when I went out to wish him a good day and to see him off.

img0029rh.jpg

Quite nice just by itself, but I'm quite partial to a Bucks Fizz! :D I can see myself finishing off this whole bottle over the next couple of hours! Heres to the happy couple! Cheers!!! :)

Soldato
Haha! We need to do that this Christmas. Sounds like a great way to start off the day! :)

*rubs eyes* wooo .... got about a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the bottle left. Getting pretty light headed. Its only 5.5% too!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just finished the Triple fff Gilbert White - a delicious smoky ale that would be perfect for casual winter drinking (but don't let me put you off drinking it any time!). Now on the 6.8% I Can't Remember from the same brewery. Dark, porterish, treacly ale and no less tasty. Possibly moreso.

Caporegime
Just finished the Triple fff Gilbert White - a delicious smoky ale that would be perfect for casual winter drinking (but don't let me put you off drinking it any time!). Now on the 6.8% I Can't Remember from the same brewery. Dark, porterish, treacly ale and no less tasty. Possibly moreso.

Sounds superb and I for one will be making efforts to track it down... Tommy Lee Jones fugitive style ;)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
On the cider again - it being a nice day for being outdoors (bbq is on). Had a Morrisons vintage 2011 which wasn't bad at all, then had Aspall's 'draught' Suffolk Cyder - always a good pick. Now on Henney's dry cider which is very ordinary - not a lot of flavour with it. Last one will be Old Rosie - still my favourite bottled cider. If I was only allowed to drink one bottled cider for the rest of my life, it would be Old Rosie :cool:

Caporegime
On the cider again - it being a nice day for being outdoors (bbq is on). Had a Morrisons vintage 2011 which wasn't bad at all, then had Aspall's 'draught' Suffolk Cyder - always a good pick. Now on Henney's dry cider which is very ordinary - not a lot of flavour with it. Last one will be Old Rosie - still my favourite bottled cider. If I was only allowed to drink one bottled cider for the rest of my life, it would be Old Rosie :cool:

I'm envious of both.... :)

(for anyone that count, 3 ciders + good weather = slap, should have known)

Still Leffe Blonde but running out...

Associate
Had quite a few pints of joker ipa last night. Went outside to get some air and fell asleep on a set of steps maybe 5 down from the pub for two and a half hours.
Woke up to about 40 missed calls and about 6 answerphone messages. Think I gave everyone a scare. Oops.

The pints were nice though.

Back
Top Bottom