The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
Well it's the office virtual xmas quiz.. so a bottle... of Affligem 0.0 (ie 0% alcohol). Possibly not the best taste after peanut M&Ms but acceptable. Definitely not Affligem normal but hoppy whilst being 'office' safe..

Soldato
Few cans of this

IMG20221216184351.jpg

Then probably all of this

IMG20221216185758.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Moretti is my beer of choice at the moment. Keep seeing articles about it not been brewed in Italy... Who care, if it's a decent beer then I'm not bothered where it's brewed.

Any whiskey or bourbon drinkers?

For years I've never liked either. But at my local spoons, my mate was on Bell's and coke for 99p, so it was rude not to give it another go.

So, I've not started drinking JD and bells depending what's on offer. Now I prefer JD, but is it worth the extra £8 a bottle? What else is there that I should try? So far I've tried Jim beam, JD, gentleman's jack, haige and bells. Is there something cheap but also nice like JD?

Soldato
Moretti is my beer of choice at the moment. Keep seeing articles about it not been brewed in Italy... Who care, if it's a decent beer then I'm not bothered where it's brewed.

Any whiskey or bourbon drinkers?

For years I've never liked either. But at my local spoons, my mate was on Bell's and coke for 99p, so it was rude not to give it another go.

So, I've not started drinking JD and bells depending what's on offer. Now I prefer JD, but is it worth the extra £8 a bottle? What else is there that I should try? So far I've tried Jim beam, JD, gentleman's jack, haige and bells. Is there something cheap but also nice like JD?

Id take Jim Beam or JD over Bells. So much more choice these days, I always picked Bells as I hated Teachers and they seemed to be the only two available at the local. You can get Bulleit or Buffalo Trace for not much more and I think they are better than most at that price.

Last edited:
Soldato
Id take Jim Beam or JD over Bells. So much more choice these days, I always picked Bells as I hated Teachers and they seemed to be the only two available at the local. You can get Bulleit or Buffalo Trace for not much more and I think they are better than most at that price.

The only reason for me drinking bells is the price. JD is much nicer.

I'll give them a try. Thanks for the recommendation.

I've got just a bottle of apple JD and with lemonade it tastes exactly the same as apple tango. Not sure I could drink it all night. But I will be nice to have a few.

Soldato
It's clickbait aimed at the ignorant (don't mean people are dumb but don't know how macro brewing works). Same for stella, cobra, peroni etc.
For a macro it's not half bad to be fair.

Soldato
It's clickbait aimed at the ignorant (don't mean people are dumb but don't know how macro brewing works). Same for stella, cobra, peroni etc.
For a macro it's not half bad to be fair.

When I was a young man and drank Stella, we used to get Belgium cans from the shop. They tasted so much better. But yeah. All the major brands are all brewed here. It would cost to much to ship it over.

Soldato
Negroni at Mottram Hall as I wait for the wife to get ready.

First purchased Negroni and it leaves mine in the dust. Need to work out where I’ve been going wrong as other than the twist of orange I didn’t see a difference.
I’d also argue I’ve used better Gin as they’ve used Beefeater in here!

Back
Top Bottom