The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
36 Hour Porchetta

32449407164_115517bc39_z.jpg

33292226185_4a6d8ee338_z.jpg

Man of Honour
That sounds nice and simple. I must give that a try. If baking for 40 minutes, I'm presuming at a sort of moderate temperature?
rather than using brown i used golden (not sure what the difference is?) and also milled rather than whole seeds.

far less crumbly so stays together much better, but only the slightly over cooked areas where nice and crisp. Also prefer the taste of the brown seeds rather than golden. Also only took about 25 minutes

2vdpvkj.jpg

Soldato
Another little day out in Glasgow today.

aopblt.jpg

Breakfast at Pret. A bacon and egg baguette and some coconut porridge and honey. Mmmm!

2vv1dnp.jpg

Quick snack in Starbucks. Salted toffee macadamia latte and a slice of praline crunch loaf. Both really good!

2u6fbie.jpg

Had lunch at Gourmet Burger Kitchen. Was originally gonna go to KFC to try their Dirty Louisiana burger, but I saw GBK tweet about their new Ninja burger special and decided I wanted to try that more. Its a panko fried chicken burger with katsu curry sauce, Tokyo slaw and miso ketchup, served on a charcoal bun. I got the bundle deal, which comes with skinny or chunky fries and a milkshake. (I went with the limited time Matcha green tea milkshake) Deeeeelicious! :D

Soldato
Honestly? If I closed my eyes I probably couldn't have told you it was any different to a normal bun. I thought it might taste burnt or something, but it didn't. It did have a nice texture, but again not really all that different to a normal bun. Maybe a bit softer?

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Honestly? If I closed my eyes I probably couldn't have told you it was any different to a normal bun. I thought it might taste burnt or something, but it didn't. It did have a nice texture, but again not really all that different to a normal bun. Maybe a bit softer?

Ah interesting you say it's softer. As from the pic I'd assume crumbly / dry. I'm a sucker for trying something new and I love soft buns :p so will try it out.

Soldato
Cooked lunch for, and put up with my mum yesterday so we treated ourselves to a curry down the road tonight.

Tandoori butter chicken
King prawn danzak
Bindi baji
sag paneer
..And a cheeky pint of kingfisher each

Heaven :D

Soldato
Wow, the 1kg bag for ~£10 has been in my Amazon shopping basket for months as a possible replacement for white toblerone, since the down-sizing.

food for thought - Working in a high quality chocoloate factory is an interesting alternative to the perks in the new high tech Costa rostery they were visiting on the bbc last night (45,000 tonnes per year, Basildon)

Back
Top Bottom