The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
As always Ray, you win this thread. I had my own little eating outing today, though nowhere near as glamourous :p

HRZ0lX.jpg

Breakfast at Tim Horton's. Double sausage, egg and cheese muffin, hash brown and gingerbread hot chocolate. So good :D

7AUe2A.jpg

Light brunch at Patisserie Valerie. Poached eggs and toast.

jFMWCo.jpg

QsNQTS.jpg

Lunch at GBK. Got their special Christmas burger, choice of beef, chicken or venison (I went with venison), hash brown, smoked Applewood cheese, cabbage and bacon, tarragon mayo, devil on horseback and gravy. Got it with chill fried chicken bites and a brandy eggnog milkshake :)

Goes without saying I wont be needing any dinner tonight.

Soldato
I would be severely disappointed if I'd ordered poached eggs and toast and got those. They're clearly not poached at all. Very bad form :(

Raymond wins. I want ramen again now :(

Soldato
I will admit I've had better poached eggs. Probably would have been better off with scrambled eggs on toast instead. Oh well. Not the end of the world. They might look rubbish, but they tasted fine.

Caporegime
More from the first couple of days.

Started off with my first meal after I landed.

xCnSfXI.jpg

ufimRVB.jpg

Followed on by some Tampura.

xJROiYR.jpg

uiKNFG5.jpg

lXjMKsY.jpg

Breakfast next day was chicken skewers from Lawsons (convenient store)

MpOubR5.jpg

Then I went to Myjojima to eat oysters (famous for it).

ZfKM0de.jpg

lxEO0o0.jpg

More Matcha desserts

IkjXVkD.jpg

Dinner was Hiroshima style Okonomyyaki.

8Svvgpy.jpg

Breakfast next day was hotel breakfast, Japanese style.

GyR7axb.jpg

Lunch was Kobe beef, in Kobe, tapanyaki style. I didn't plan for this but when as the bullet train was pulling up....I looked at my watch and it was only 1:30pm....I thought, what the hell.

wrxtjEQ.jpg

aUqEwcX.jpg

Dinner was Okonomyaki, Osaka style. Was interesting ordering this with no photos, no English menu, and the guy spoke little to zero English vs my little to no Japanese.

o2IUG93.jpg

eNXG0HQ.jpg

Then I went to get some Takoyaki in Dontonburi

82xiM1c.jpg

Next day breakfast i ruined it all with McDonald's....they put chicken fillet in a muffin...thought i try it. Japanese make great food but this is still crap, hash brown is lovely though.

GVqFs47.jpg

Caporegime
Nice, is that sesame ice cream? Wanted to try that for awhile.

Yup, it's lovely...I see in the west they've made Charcoal ice-cream...it's all over social medial like Instagram which begs the question apart from being....just because, why??? Get some sesame ice cream instead, actually has a taste to it and nice.

I am going to try to make it when i get back.

Soldato
nice food & pictures, even the McDonalds looks better the way you shoot it (maybe their food is genuinely different)
I think you said before, don't bring a knife to a gun fight - so it is not an iphone, do you shoot with something inconspicuous though ?

Back
Top Bottom