The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
:p

Now eating baked bean toasties, i'll add some cheese next time but just beans will do for today.

Would have preferred them slightly darker but they wouldn't cook anymore, had a good helping of butter too.

Dcp0Qkih.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
HL18CZ.jpg

Had breakfast at EAT this morning. A roll with pigs in blankets and a salted caramel latte. Really nice with the mustard mayo :)

gFrUyE.jpg

And a while later I stopped into Patisserie Valerie for a pot of mango tango tea and some chocolate orange reindeer cake :D

Went for lunch later at Cali Bruich. Quite a few photo's, so I'll upload them separately in the Glasgow Tasting Menu thread again.

Man of Honour
tesco had a pile of 454g rump steaks for £5 at that price couldn't resist picking one up probably should have picked several up. Tasty dinner steak, Yorkshire pud and creamed spinach.

Caporegime
tesco had a pile of 454g rump steaks for £5 at that price couldn't resist picking one up probably should have picked several up. Tasty dinner steak, Yorkshire pud and creamed spinach.
Dont really eat rump. More of a sirloin or ribeye eater. I always associate rump with being tough, but thats probably more the failings of my cooking than the meat itself.

Soldato
I purchased a rump steak from a proper butcher a couple of years ago, and after I'd cooked it, it was the most tender steak I'd ever eaten in my life (I've probably lived a sheltered life however) compared to supermarket sirloin, texture wise, it was on a whole different level. And that's before we even get to the taste :)

It cost a ******* fortune mind

Man of Honour
I imagine thats why its considered an inferior cut.
only to the uneducated easily parted from their money type.

“Three times more flavour than fillet and a third of the price,” says Gale, keeping well off the fence. “It’s the best everyday steak. Make sure you get your steak cut from the middle of the rump.”

The rump is a real ‘man’s steak’ and a favourite of chefs as well as butchers. Basically a bovine backside, it does more work than most parts of the animal which, while a little tougher, means it has vast amounts of flavour.

“It should always be cut against the grain,” says O’Neill. “I’d suggest grilling it and slicing it before serving it, giving the guest a chance to have their meat cut properly. Serve medium or medium-rare over roasted root vegetables and with a good salsa verde sauce.”

Soldato
Was out in Glasgow today with a friend. We went for dinner at the Bread Meats Bread on Great Western Road.

8R70uw.jpg

I had the BBQ beef brisket bun. Slow cooked beef brisket dipped in smoky BBQ sauce. Comes served with mixed pickles and spicy mayo. Also meant to have crispy onions, but I had it without those. I also got a small poutine on the side. Both were delicious! :D

CGddTE.jpg

And my friend got the Carribean burger. Came with candied bacon, caramelised sweet fries, crispy fried onions and harissa mayo. He got a side of loaded sweet potato fries. It was his first time eating there, which meant be made the rookie mistake of ordering a burger with sweet potato fries and a quite large side dish full of them too! I ate some of them, but there was still about half of them left by the time we'd finished.

Caporegime
Sorry, but that does not look epic. There’s no decent looking roasties, just dry looking parsnips and carrots and he appears to have incinerated the Yorkshire puds. Also cauliflower cheese is an abomination and has no place on a Sunday roast. Your pal must try harder :mad:

Back
Top Bottom