The **Now Eating** Thread

Caporegime
nice food & pictures, even the McDonalds looks better the way you shoot it (maybe their food is genuinely different)
I think you said before, don't bring a knife to a gun fight - so it is not an iphone, do you shoot with something inconspicuous though ?

I shoot with a 5D4 so it's "big" and I don't try to hide it, people see what i am doing and I frankly don't care! :p For one thing, even if they say something, I wouldn't know what they are saying anyway. The hardest thing is trying to shoot while holding it with the other hand though and trying to focus, especially at night with street food, really low light, i got nothing to lean on for stability.

Today I had a bullet train to catch so quick breakfast items from a bakery.

The must have fried curry doughnut. This one somehow has a running egg yoke inside, next level stuff.

gjPXrm0.jpg

FqDnWdE.jpg

Also got this sausage croissant thing, was amazing, nicer than i expected.

QhZA9Ux.jpg

Then finished off what i thought was cheese cake with red bean but it's just bread with red bean paste.

C1sOMZU.jpg

QuMpL5v.jpg

Had this drink....I thought it was chocolate flavour yogurt, but its just chocolate milk.

IFXAbEG.jpg

Also grabbed this to eat on the train, pork cutlet sandwich.

3z0JmN2.jpg

When i got to Hakone (near Mt Fuji), got a couple of snacks before dinner.

I think this was fish thing....? I don't remember, i thought it was chicken but its shaped like a fish.

Ja02Biq.jpg

this was squid made into a kind of fish cake texture then fried.

RPJQV76.jpg

Then i found a giant Crab meat stick, the queue for this place was massive, so had to check it out.

0YYPSnv.jpg

VCeRAEo.jpg

Then dinner was a fair few courses, all kinds of seafood, soup, wagu beef etc

iqTeR7Z.jpg

hSZo1kD.jpg

YyQ1Y5K.jpg

xKdQnTI.jpg

NKMLcSU.jpg

d2C205l.jpg

kCN66No.jpg

OvassfU.jpg

pRCcGoX.jpg

tDH7Ste.jpg

and they mix up the L and the R, just like Bill Murray says in Lost in Translation :D

2ZS1PQZ.jpg

Soldato
Large dominos half/half.

Meateor and pepperoni passion.

19_CC67_E7_A2_D4_474_B_9_B14_C60_DA5_D7_DC6_Bh.jpg

Soldato
^ Damn, that looks good! Was out in Glasgow again today.

Jqb0DN.jpg

ArOjBB.jpg

Had early brunch at All Bar One. Couldn't resist the Lobster, bacon and avocado club sandwich, served with a side of fries. It was REALLY good! :D

pIMJM0.jpg

And for lunch I wasn't feeling like going to a restaurant, so just went to EAT. Got the turkey hot pot. A "festive stew made with chunks of turkey, leeks, carrots and parsnips in a creamy wholegrain mustard sauce served with mashed potato and braised red cabbage". Delicious! :)

Man of Honour
food coma, thanks to the freezer thread had to make a batch of chilli, almost gone in one serving, sure the rest will be demolished before bed.

Also found a guy called mike chen on youtube he has so many channels and they are all good strickly dumpling being the main food one. I need to try Peruvian creamy yellow pepper chicken.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOKEdfOFxsHO_-Su3K8SHg

Last edited:
Associate
food coma, thanks to the freezer thread had to make a batch of chilli, almost gone in one serving, sure the rest will be demolished before bed.

Also found a guy called mike chen on youtube he has so many channels and they are all good strickly dumpling being the main food one. I need to try Peruvian creamy yellow pepper chicken.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOKEdfOFxsHO_-Su3K8SHg

I watch his channel, now I ask for chilli oil everytime I go for dim sum at maxis in leeds

Soldato
Had an excellent lunch today at Six By Nico. The theme this time was Disney. They had different Disney movie songs playing in the background, along with Christmas songs.

swHcY1.jpg

First up was the optional snack course. Rabbits Vegetable Garden - Crudites, beetroot hummus, lime crème fraiche, sourdough bread with whipped butter and kamalata olives. They went a bit overboard with the olives, but otherwise this was quite nice.

v06Eyv.jpg

First course - Ratatouille - Ratatouille served with comte espuma and djon crumble. This had really nice flavours. The portion size was tiny though. Really would have liked more of this.

TcoNjv.jpg

oQCKyA.jpg

Course 2 - Mad Hatters Tea Party - Chicken and tarragon "sandwich" with what I think was tarragon ketchup to put on top. Mushroom tea, truffle empire biscuit and parmesan truffle. This one was fun and enjoyable. Loved the presentation with the little glass teapot. The mushroom tea was nice and all the other stuff was good too :)

rAxhQo.jpg

Course 3 - Sword & The Stone - Stone bass and swordfish ceviche with miso vinaigrette with avocado and tapioca. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. All the different flavours worked really well together.

5qeH4y.jpg

Course 4 - Lady & The Trump - Angel hair pasta with shellfish bisque and seaweed crumb. Two seafood dishes in the same menu worried me when I saw it, but again I ended up liking this one. I can't remember what the fish was, but it tasted really nice. The pasta had a nice sauce on it too :)

oZCtkN.jpg

Course 5 - Aladdin - Lamb belly with prune, peal Cous Cous and Jasmin tea. Another nice touch with the gravy being poured from a genie lamp. Meat was well cooked and I loved it with the cous cous :)

HaZZoT.jpg

Course 6 - Beauty & The Beast - Rose panacotta with lychee, almond sponge and pomegranate. Nice little finish to the meal. Very light and fruity.

Overall, good meal. And great value for money :)

Back
Top Bottom