The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
I'm eating at a services in Leicester, expenses paid. Decided to go for some Harry Ramsden. Delicious. Mushy peas are hidden.

20180516_122934.jpg

Caporegime
Some food in Berlin.

Currywurst - Side note, I have to say I don't see what the fuss is about. It tastes ridiculously processed, the sauce is nice but still processed. I had it twice just to make sure. Okay snack I guess, I wouldn't have it as a main meal.

yeZqqxD.jpg

The thing is currywusrt is mostly reserved for after heavy nights on the lash. It is like the terrible kebabs you get in the UK. If you went to a restaurant and ordered a currywurst then they are more catering for tourists. Also german sausages tend to be the ground beef & pork frankfurter style.

German cuisines has no spices beyond mustard and it tends not to be strong (sometimes nutmeg or juniper berries). So currywurst literally has nothing to do with German cooking. The sauce it typically just ketchup and curry powder with a seconds thought into actual taste.

Sad to see no photos of the good German cuisine. No Kase Spatzle, Sauerbraten, Schweineshaxe, weisse Spargel, Rouladen, Knodel soupe, schweinebraten, leberwurst, kartoffelpuffer, frikadelle, blutwurst, stollen etc.

Soldato
^ That is a lacking plate if I ever seen one

Had a Pizza Hut for the first time and thought it was also lacking and disgusting. Not worth the £20 paid and would much rather just grab an Asda counter one

Nope, you're quite wrong, that plate of food was the mutt's nuts. And it was free. You're just jealous. :p Best fish 'n chips I've ever had. The only mistake I made was not ordering the large portion. After that, I went over to Burger King and had an Oreo Fusion with chocolate sauce. Lovely!

Soldato
^ That is a lacking plate if I ever seen one

Had a Pizza Hut for the first time and thought it was also lacking and disgusting. Not worth the £20 paid and would much rather just grab an Asda counter one

I find Pizza Hut pizza very heavy and greasy. Unless I get the really thin base, I find I get bloated and queasy eating it.

I do like the all you can eat salad bar though...

Soldato
I had this warm cookie dough brownie and ice cream at a Harvester type place in Leicester called Elms on Tuesday afternoon. I've got a sweet tooth but this thing was like a small deep pan pizza, even I couldn't finish it. Nice though.

20180515_131008.jpg

Soldato
I had fish.. for breakfast!

HHXcsFgl.jpg

When I went to Japan for work just over a year ago this was similar to what I would chose to have in the hotel there.

£25 worth of sushi? :D.

It is really good though I often stop there, my favourite is the salmon/tempura crunch

Yeah something like that! edit: It was actually only £15 for that plate. It is good value and worth it over the normal supermarket stuff. I need to take a trip further into town to get some from Kokoro in the future.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Found this old photo in my computer, I don't recall eating this and I have no idea where this came from.

What kind of places give you a bun so much smaller than the patty? It can't be BK because the nearest BK to me is about 90mins away from home and this photo is taken at home and that doesn't look like a bun that's been sealed for an hour and a half.

Qo8XnyQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom