The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
My birthday today. My dad asked to take me out for my lunch. So I decided to go to Thaikhun at the Silverburn shopping centre.

HicRCT.jpg

We had a Bangkok Platter for 2 to start. Came with grilled chicken satay, thai prawn toast, pork dumplings and red curried corn cakes. Really good starter :)

LuM575.jpg

For the main course, we shared a Pinto Box. From the selections available we chose green curry with chicken, beef in noodles, pork in red curry and jasmine rice. The rice comes with unlimited refills, so we ended up going through two portions of rice between us. This was also great. Its great to have a variety of different dishes to sample. The beef in noodles is my favourite :D

wee6kH.jpg

My dessert was the chocolate fondant. Its meant to come with coconut ice cream, but they were out of that. So I had it with matcha green tea ice cream instead. Just as good :)

XptOUZ.jpg

My dad had the banana fritters with vanilla ice cream for dessert. He enjoyed it :)

FJucGF.jpg

I also picked up some Tim Horton doughnuts on the way home. 2 honey crullers, 2 Canadian maple and 2 Boston crème. 6 for £5.99. Bargain :)

Associate
My birthday today. My dad asked to take me out for my lunch. So I decided to go to Thaikhun at the Silverburn shopping centre.

HicRCT.jpg

We had a Bangkok Platter for 2 to start. Came with grilled chicken satay, thai prawn toast, pork dumplings and red curried corn cakes. Really good starter :)

LuM575.jpg

For the main course, we shared a Pinto Box. From the selections available we chose green curry with chicken, beef in noodles, pork in red curry and jasmine rice. The rice comes with unlimited refills, so we ended up going through two portions of rice between us. This was also great. Its great to have a variety of different dishes to sample. The beef in noodles is my favourite :D

wee6kH.jpg

My dessert was the chocolate fondant. Its meant to come with coconut ice cream, but they were out of that. So I had it with matcha green tea ice cream instead. Just as good :)

XptOUZ.jpg

My dad had the banana fritters with vanilla ice cream for dessert. He enjoyed it :)

FJucGF.jpg

I also picked up some Tim Horton doughnuts on the way home. 2 honey crullers, 2 Canadian maple and 2 Boston crème. 6 for £5.99. Bargain :)
now that is a freaking awesome birthday meal

Soldato
Bone marrow with toasted baguette and an avocado, cucumber, chilli and onion salad. Never had bone marrow before, it's incredibly rich but very nice.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm at a tearoom/eating place with family, just had tomato and basil soup, and although it's gone 2pm I've just polished off this big breakfast. Awesome and I'm stuffed. Syrup sponge and custard on its way. :D

20180612_142101.jpg

Soldato
It's a tesco stonebaked pizza and instructions were 12 minutes at 200c for fan ovens. Was hot enough when I ate it. Pretty average though. I don't know why I buy frozen pizza tbh other than them being cheap; you can't beat a proper restaurant, take away or homemade.

On a better note, my neighbour just knocked on my door and handed me warm slices of homemade yoghurt and strawberry cake. Smells and tastes delicious. :)

20180614_191426.jpg

Back
Top Bottom