The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Like I said above, I did like it, but the combination of sweet and savoury was a bit confusing to my palate. I wouldn't rush to get it again. I think it would be way better without the maple syrup. Maybe a hot sauce instead or a blue cheese sauce. Or gravy.

hRL1oD.jpg

No way I'm going out today in this miserable weather. Thankfully that new Domino's is available. Got myself a lunch deal. Small pizza with 2 toppings for £4.99. Tandoori chicken and Cumberland sausage. Very nice indeed :D
That's never a small pizza, the small pizza from Domino's around here is half the size! :p

Soldato
new one on me , a link where did you get them ?

Post’s Nutter Butter Cereal features fun little peanut-shaped corn pieces flavored with real peanut butter, real sugar, and real artificial flavors.
The cereal pieces are hearty and absolutely obliterated with a powdery peanut butter coating. The crunch of the cereal is equitable with that of the cookie, and I’ll be damned that the taste is too. Post nailed the Nutter Butter Cereal.
unitl I read peanut butter clause, they looked nice ...I like Posts's grape nuts

Soldato
Like I said above, I did like it, but the combination of sweet and savoury was a bit confusing to my palate. I wouldn't rush to get it again. I think it would be way better without the maple syrup. Maybe a hot sauce instead or a blue cheese sauce. Or gravy.

hRL1oD.jpg

No way I'm going out today in this miserable weather. Thankfully that new Domino's is available. Got myself a lunch deal. Small pizza with 2 toppings for £4.99. Tandoori chicken and Cumberland sausage. Very nice indeed :D
CORR! :D That looks great!

Soldato
BUyhcK.jpg

Breakfast at Bill's in Glasgow again today. Smashed avocado on toast with poached eggs and smoked streaky bacon. This was really nice! The fresh lime juice squeezed over it gave it a really nice flavour :)

Tried a new place for lunch that I saw recommended on Twitter, Mora's Bar & Kitchen.

ctcJvp.jpg

Starter was green pea and mozzarella arancini with mint and siracha yoghurt. The portion size was good and the arancini was really well made. And the siracha yoghurt gave it a very nice spicy kick!

V2woU7.jpg

Main course was lobster ravioli. The pic was taken before adding parmesan cheese and black pepper. The lobster was really nice and the sauce was fantastic! Wish the portion size was a little bigger, but otherwise no complaints :)

cQw4JC.jpg

And dessert was vanilla & lemon pannacotta. Very creamy and a great finish to an overall very enjoyable meal :)

Soldato
Breakfast was something loosely based on a McMuffin.

Home made muffin, oak smoked back bacon, Stornoway black pudding, cheese slice (or 'fake cheese' as we call it) and tomato ketchup. Washed down with a few cups of tea. Delicious.

Soldato
KFC does kill me so much. As you said, it must be the additives or MSG, but, I think it's the oil that does it. Chinese is alright ish, depending when the 'fresh' stuff is put out. Maybe I am intolerant at something. Might get that look at.

Soldato
J4pDH2.jpg

Had breakfast today at Tim Horton's. Instead of my usual double sausage and egg muffin I decided to try the breakfast wrap instead. Its pretty nice, has a spicy sauce. But I still prefer the sausage and egg muffin.

Lunch today at Six By Nico's again, trying the new 70s theme. Was a good one! :)

n5Z4UZ.jpg

qxO74b.jpg

Lpy11d.jpg

QVWU13.jpg

s5ksYK.jpg

aLTVyO.jpg

zByCX7.jpg

qzFapv.jpg

V9MZxv.jpg

Highlights for me were the Chicken Kiev, spam & mash and the trifle courses. The Duck a L'orange was pretty nice too. Thought it would be too sweet, but the orange puree was actually quite subtle and the duck was well cooked :)

Soldato
That's up there with one of the best menus I've seen you post from Six by Nico so far, and there have been a lot of very good ones. Everything there really appeals to me, looks fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom