The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
https://www.americansweets.co.uk/food-and-groceries/breakfast-and-cereals/post-nutter-butter-cereal-11oz-311g.html?search=nutter

Got them for there. I've had nutter butters before, so couldn't resist buying a box. The taste is very nice :)

Ordered some of these myself as I love peanut butter, I ordered a few things on the 15th, I believe you have used them a few times, mind telling me your experience with delivery time frames. I was hoping I would have had a despatch email by now considering the cost of delivery.

Thanks

Soldato
While reading the papers today an article made me think of Raymond Lin.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...st-one-hundred-thousand-georgia-a8495396.html
Thieves have stolen nearly $100,000 (£78,000) worth of ramen from a tractor in the US state of Georgia, sparking a police search for the noodle crook who is still on the run.

The victim of the heist says that the robbery occurred sometime in the last week of July and that he returned to the 53-foot trailer to find that $98,000 worth of noodles – and the white 2004 Stoughton trailer holding the goods – had been stolen.
I have a vague memory of him being in the US recently.

Im not saying its enough to get a search warrant but I notice he hadnt posted any Ramen shots since the last week of July.

Soldato
lol^ :p

I actually thought of Raymond today also :eek: Went shopping and checked out the new Japan food hall thing in west London. Remembered his great picture of Okonomiyaki and had to try it. It was awesome! We had it 'modern' style with egg and noodles, obvs...

y6FllqZ.jpg
O3irqts.jpg

Caporegime
lol^ :p

I actually thought of Raymond today also :eek: Went shopping and checked out the new Japan food hall thing in west London. Remembered his great picture of Okonomiyaki and had to try it. It was awesome! We had it 'modern' style with egg and noodles, obvs...

y6FllqZ.jpg
O3irqts.jpg

Not sure what modern style is but in Japan there are basically 2 kinds, Hiroshima style and Osaka style. Hiroshima style is where they layer the ingredients and Osaka is where they mix it up.

Soldato
Not sure what modern style is but in Japan there are basically 2 kinds, Hiroshima style and Osaka style. Hiroshima style is where they layer the ingredients and Osaka is where they mix it up.
Fair enough. They basically had the pork, seafood or veggie option (or deluxe; pork and seafood) then you can have any of those modern style which is with noodles and egg. Anyway, I think it's now a toss up as to whether tonkotsu or okonomiyaki is the best hangover food :p

Caporegime
Fair enough. They basically had the pork, seafood or veggie option (or deluxe; pork and seafood) then you can have any of those modern style which is with noodles and egg. Anyway, I think it's now a toss up as to whether tonkotsu or okonomiyaki is the best hangover food :p

I prefer Osaka style where it’s all mixed up.

I did get to try some tonkotsu but only in curry or a sandwich, not like on it’s own. There’s so much more I didn’t get to eat, you can only eat so much in 2 weeks.

Soldato
0C9sSw.jpg

Had breakfast today at Kcal Kitchen, trying out their breakfast pancake stack. Its black pudding, scrambled egg, turkey bacon and chicken sausage on a stack of protein pancakes. It was nice, but way more filling than I extected. I couldn't finish it. Plus it had that same sweet/savoury issue I had with the chicken and waffles. I don't think I would get it again.

2lJOMg.jpg

And had lunch at a new place, Topolabamba. I was originally going to eat lunch at Bread Meats Bread, but I wasn't really feeling up to it after that heavy breakfast. I spotted this Mexican place across the road and decided to give it a go. I got a Barbacoa Beef chimichanga. It was sensational! It was crammed full of fillings like beans, rice and queso fresco. The beef was so delicious! Definitely going to eating there again :)

Back
Top Bottom