The **Now Eating** Thread

Caporegime
Lovely pics, guys. Kind of a shame there isn't an OcUK food club where we get together and eat and chat. :D

On a side note, why do I come in here knowing full well that it's too late to eat... :( :D

Soldato
20190702-123733.jpg

Soldato
mLgz6V.jpg

Breakfast today at Fèist. Had the smashed avocado and poached eggs on sourdough bread. Like the little salad it comes with. Very fresh and tasty :)

npe2qO.jpg

kWoK6E.jpg

First time having lunch at Steak Cattle & Roll in Merchant City. The food was amazing. I had The Half Hog, which is a foot long hotdog with relish, mustard and ketchup. And I got cheese sauce added. And that's the HALF Hog. The Whole Hog is a two foot version... It was really good, though also very messy with all that sauce and stuff.

I also got Texas Style loaded chips with beef brisket, bbq sauce and jalepenos. They were really good, but I kinda wish I hadn't got them. Between them and the giant hotdog I didn't come close to finishing. Had about a 3rd of the hogdog and about half the fries left when I had to call it quits.

Very good meal, but if I was to do it again I would get the hotdog with beef brisket added instead of the cheese sauce and I would skip the chips completely. Or they also do some amazing looking burgers and wraps, so I might go back to try those :D

Soldato
I guess I only have myself to blame for going to a "chain" kebab place when not absolutely plastered.... German Doner Kebab. Tiny amount of meat, cold, a crap replacement for pitta bread, nasty salad sauce. Won't ever be going there again. :/

Soldato
1EsGzK.jpg

Breakfast at Fèist again today. Had their Stornoway Eggs. Black pudding, poached eggs and tomato & chilli chutney on sourdough bread. Was very nice :)

sQNEHQ.jpg

CPnuzx.jpg

RoWgEm.jpg

Lbx3LS.jpg

0IKgH4.jpg

6C42Rk.jpg

haXiRM.jpg

LGT199.jpg

And lunch at Six By Nico. The Thai Street Food theme was good. I swapped out the 4th course for the vegetarian option :)

Soldato
bEBFJv.jpg

Brunch today at Scran. The weekend special was Pressed Italian pork belly, butternut squash puree, honey granola pesto, parmesan crisp and fried egg. The chef actually gave me two bits of pork, you can just see the second one hiding in the background. He also gave me a second fried egg just after I took this pic. I guess it helps to be a foodie fanboy sometimes :D

V9q8ag.jpg

Went to SoHo for the first time for lunch. Starter was southern fried shrimp with Cajun mayo dip. It was nice, but the portion size was a bit skimpy for the price. Would have liked at least a couple more pieces of shrimp.

AQkW1G.jpg

The main was a lot better. Kimcheese pizza, with kimchi, spicy gojuchang pork, mozzarella, cheddar. Really good, but SPICY! Took two diet cokes to get through it.

hsQnrL.jpg

And for dessert, I went for that old Italian classic.... deep fried mars bar and Irn Bru sorbet :D This was my first ever deep fried mars bar, wasn't sure what to expect but it was actually very nice. Maybe helped it was restaurant made and not in some greasy chip shop. The Irn Bru sorbet went well with it :)

r9RidR.jpg

A little while later I got a Billionaire's Sundae from Hotel Chocolat. Their ice cream isn't the best, but it was a fairly nice little sundae. Probably wouldn't rush back to have it again though.

Back
Top Bottom