The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
7TneD6.jpg

Weekend special at my goto place, Scran. This one is Cajun BBQ chicken wings on truffle & Austrian smoked chorizo macaroni cheese. Just incredible. Those wings man. And all those chunks of chorizo all the way through the macaroni. The special actually sold out yesterday, but the chef kept me a portion for today. Lovely bloke :)

After that I didn't have much appetite, even after going to Starbucks for a drink, a bar for a cocktail of cocktails and a walk around Buchanan Galleries. But I eventually opted to go to Spuntini's for their Italian tasting menu. Choice of 3 small plates for £10.99

1cQzUJ.jpg

ugYGeZ.jpg

ESpYD3.jpg

I chose the 5 inch pepperoni pizza, arancini with beef & pork ragu and a mini corn on the cob marinated with chilli. All 3 dishes were really nice, but I barely managed to finish. I am DONE eating for today :D

Soldato
Needed to use some duck breasts up so pan fried the duck breast about 90% of the cooking time on the skin to get it crispy but keeping it pink inside then flipped them for the remaining time. Then made myself a quick little stir fry with udon noodles whilst letting the duck rest then sliced and combined.

Really enjoyed it!

TJkGdEz.png

Soldato
Just had a couple of boiled eggs mashed up in a cup, mixed with a little butter, salt and black pepper. With toast. Easy to make, always a treat. Can't believe its been so long since I've made this :)

Caporegime
Just had a couple of boiled eggs mashed up in a cup, mixed with a little butter, salt and black pepper. With toast. Easy to make, always a treat. Can't believe its been so long since I've made this :)

My favourite way to eat a egg mayo sandwich.

2 eggs, make mash with one with some sliced spring onions. Cut the other one in half and place it in the centre side by side in the centre, then slice the bread into 1/3rds to get this.

I should have actually toasted the bread but i forgot.

pllNgG6.jpg

Soldato
Craig, I watched this the other night. If you're ever in Edinburgh, go get the best fish n chips.

Remarkable Places to Eat, Series 1: 2. Edinburgh: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00072mp

I appreciate the thought, but I dont really go to Edinburgh that often, mainly cause Glasgow is more convenient for me. And I'm not really a fish and chips fan to be honest. I can eat it, but I rarely seek it out.

Soldato
Food from one of the best places in MK. Spiced Home Fries, Spicy Mayo, BBQ Box; Rib, Two Wings, Smoked Sausage, Bacon Double Cheeseburger +cheese +fried onions, Mashmallow Cookie Sandwich (saved for later).
EecFl7Gh.jpg

Ooooh lawd, I was hungry. Now I'm sooo full. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
2NzgvP.jpg

Weekend special at Scran. Scrambled eggs on toast with crab meat, chilli's. black sesame roast fennel, sweetcorn and granola pesto. It was fairly nice, but the combination of ingredients were a bit weird. To be honest I'd rank it quite low on their list of specials I've had. Not sorry I had it, but I wouldn't have it again.

hb0TsT.jpg

I also got a portion of their amazing Scran fries with smashed burger meat, cheese, crispy onions and secret sauce. So damn good!

cLVvA4.jpg

And after a few cocktails I went for lunch at Brown's. I tried out their Afternoon Tea. Quite enjoyed it. The little sandwhiches and the lobster roll were nice. It was way more filling that it looked though, barely managed to finish it.

Back
Top Bottom