The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Ooh that looks good. How much was the brisket mate? Is it the spirit of summer one, with the bbq glaze?

It does have a BBQ glaze yeah. Bought it a few weeks back, but I think it was £4? There was a 3 for £10 deal, so I could have got it along with some other stuff like pulled pork. But it was my first time trying it, so I wanted to see what it was like first. Might go back for more if its still on sale.

Soldato
Made some Macaroons to take to dinner at some friends instead of taking a bottle of wine. That left me with some spare egg yolks to use up, so I made a batch of lemon bars with a different lemon filling recipe this time.

20190816-173835.jpg

20190825-113625.jpg

Soldato
xPZWnJ.jpg

Brunch at Scran. This weekend special was a return of a popular one from the past. Truffle and 2 cheese macaroni, topped with sticky maple ham hock and Stornoway + Morton's roll crumble. Served with basil and garlic sourdough bread. Just like last time it filled me up so much I don't even want any lunch :D

Soldato
UCUURt.jpg

Tried out one of the Heinz Creationz bean pouches. Easy to make. Heat up the Spanish beans in the pouch in microwave, place onto a frying pan, cover with a couple of whisked eggs and cook under grill for a few minutes. Then cover with grated cheese and heat until ready. I think it turned out pretty good. And it was quite tasty :)

Back
Top Bottom