The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
AkYJw3.jpg

Not got much appetite this evening. Had a couple of eggs going spare, so I whipped them up in a bowl with salt and pepper and then dumped it onto a medium heated pan with a little butter to grease it. Let it cook for a bit, flipped it, repeat. Slapped it onto some buttered bread and applied the sauce. Quick, easy and tasty :D

Associate
@Craig1981 have you tried the Black Sheep Bistro in Glasgow? If not, I highly recommend it however go with an appetite as the portion sizes may well see that you don't make dessert and you really want to make dessert in there!

PS. Keep up the good work with your updates as they are great and I have found myself checking a few of your haunts out and yet to be disappointed albeit Scran is the one that has so far being too far from West End where there have been too many places to pass up locally to make the Scran effort so far.

Soldato
@Craig1981 have you tried the Black Sheep Bistro in Glasgow? If not, I highly recommend it however go with an appetite as the portion sizes may well see that you don't make dessert and you really want to make dessert in there!

PS. Keep up the good work with your updates as they are great and I have found myself checking a few of your haunts out and yet to be disappointed albeit Scran is the one that has so far being too far from West End where there have been too many places to pass up locally to make the Scran effort so far.

Thanks, but to be honest their menu really doesn't do much to grab my attention. I'll keep it in mind though.

You really should try to get to Scran if you can. I get the low level train from Queen Street station to Alexandra Parade. Its a short walk from there to the café. Or there's also Mesa on Duke Street, which is the stop before Alexandra Parade.

The place I really have my eyes on right now is The Ivy, which just opened. I've been to the one in York and it was amazing. A chain, but a very high end chain. Gonna try to get booked for this weekend :)

Soldato
Thanks, but to be honest their menu really doesn't do much to grab my attention. I'll keep it in mind though.

You really should try to get to Scran if you can. I get the low level train from Queen Street station to Alexandra Parade. Its a short walk from there to the café. Or there's also Mesa on Duke Street, which is the stop before Alexandra Parade.

The place I really have my eyes on right now is The Ivy, which just opened. I've been to the one in York and it was amazing. A chain, but a very high end chain. Gonna try to get booked for this weekend :)

I was going to ask if you live nearby Scran. My girlfriend lives in Dennistoun so I'm always around. Only been to Scran once but a big fan of Mesa and East on Duke Street. Plus, Redmond's is great for a pint!

Soldato
I feel like you guys in this thread would appreciate this advise.

Download too good to go. Amazing app, you pay a few quid for leftovers from places. It's aim is to lower waste so they get restaurants/cafes to sign up and you just go collect a little takeaway bag. I only found it the other week but two of my favourite cafes in West Bridgford are on there. Got 2 baguettes and 2 sausages rolls from one today for £3!

Got 3 brownies and 3 slices of cake from another the other day for £3 as well. The places normal sells one brownie for £3.20

Just want to highlight I have no affilation with them I just think it's an amazing idea and I have not been disdapointed so far by it.

Associate
I feel like you guys in this thread would appreciate this advise.

Download too good to go. Amazing app, you pay a few quid for leftovers from places. It's aim is to lower waste so they get restaurants/cafes to sign up and you just go collect a little takeaway bag. I only found it the other week but two of my favourite cafes in West Bridgford are on there. Got 2 baguettes and 2 sausages rolls from one today for £3!

Got 3 brownies and 3 slices of cake from another the other day for £3 as well. The places normal sells one brownie for £3.20

Just want to highlight I have no affilation with them I just think it's an amazing idea and I have not been disdapointed so far by it.

I just give the leftovers to my staff. They never fail to take it between them.

Soldato
I used it once, the place I got food from was a one person affair so nobody was losing out. Where I work now there's practically zero waste anyway, unless you count food cusotmers have left.

Soldato
IBdy7F.jpg

VAxqOg.jpg

Its the weekend. So that means another weekend special at Scran. This one was shredded confit duck on a pretzel bun, along with Stornoway black pudding, fried egg, spiced pac choi and a pomegranate and lemon pepper mayo. It was superb! Never had duck with black pudding before, but they go together well. And that mayo was lovely with it! :D

6X7HKP.jpg

The Ivy opened in Glasgow, which I was super hyped about after going to the one in York. Glad I booked, cause it was booked solid today. Started off with duck liver parfait, with caramelised hazelnuts, truffle, tamarind glaze with pear and ginger compote, toasted brioche. This was really nice :)

uqGBTa.jpg

For the main course I had the Chicken Milanese, Brioche-crumbed chicken breast with San Marzanino tomatoes, capers, rocket, Parmesan and pesto. The little parcel on the left had half a lemon in it. The chicken was really nice with the lemon juice squeezed over it.

BykkJL.jpg

4Oxjhz.jpg

And for dessert I had to get the Chocolate Bombe, with a vanilla ice cream and honeycomb centre with hot butterscotch sauce. Managed to get a pic before the waitress poured on the sauce. Its not quite as photogenic afterwards as the chocolate melts almost immediately :p

Associate
Le boyz du boeuf

I went to the food festival at Gloucester docks the other weekend and they were there. Such a happy surprise. MASSIVE queues though. So sad to hear all the kids wanting plain fries instead of the Millionaire or Bacon+bacon+bacon fries. I was starting to get a bit evangelical about it and had to refrain myself from telling the parents that their kids were being stupid and WRONG about wanting plain fries.

Caporegime
I went to the food festival at Gloucester docks the other weekend and they were there. Such a happy surprise. MASSIVE queues though. So sad to hear all the kids wanting plain fries instead of the Millionaire or Bacon+bacon+bacon fries. I was starting to get a bit evangelical about it and had to refrain myself from telling the parents that their kids were being stupid and WRONG about wanting plain fries.

Go Bacon or go home…

I have a wedding next month and the couple loves burgers and they tried to get them to cater for the wedding, but was already booked. Sad panda!

Back
Top Bottom