The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
One portion of my 5 a day.

20200819-184014.jpg

Soldato
I've been to Japes before. Very nice. :cool:

What is the centre of London like just now? Is it quieter because of covid or still stupidly busy. I'm tempted to pop down to see Tenet on a proper big screen but obviously want to avoid the dirty masses. :p

Consigliere
I've been to Japes before. Very nice. :cool:

What is the centre of London like just now? Is it quieter because of covid or still stupidly busy. I'm tempted to pop down to see Tenet on a proper big screen but obviously want to avoid the dirty masses. :p

To be honest i really like the roads closed off. Far more seating available outside...has a kinda continental feel to it if that makes sense. :p

Been in the area quite a few times and it can be a bit hectic for some people's liking but there are quieter roads you can duck down to escape the more crowded areas.

But to answer your question? I am gonna say busy but not insanely/what it has been like pre covid. There is space to distance if that is what you're asking. :)

Soldato
Japes, Dean Street:
not completely convinced - it's a deep pan ? that's their thing I guess, looked liked it encroaching on Yorkshire territory - filling looks good.

Toad in the hole this evening , enough yorkshire left for the addition of butter and jam tomorrow ?!

Soldato
Japes place looks good, but not sure the dough looks quite Chicago style to me.

Not to be that guy, but I worked in Chicago for a year and had a Giordano's a short walk away from me so remember that pizza fondly :D

Soldato
yes - it wasn't quite the right link .. that was frozen ones in bulk.
their online delivery has a just done/overdone(5min)/half-done option still $30 mind you, Dominoes don't offer that.
Hot Giardiniera topping never heard of that

Soldato
Definitely not the cheapest of pizzas, but if you count the thickness you're basically getting at least two pizzas in one :D

The dough is almost pie like crumbly, different from your regular pizza recipe as they use butter and cornmeal in it.

I remember being cocky when I first arrived there and ordered a medium just for myself, first time I was defeated by a pizza and I can pack food away in large amounts!

Giardiniera is basically some pickled veggies, some Italian American Chicago thing, put it on a lot of things like burgers and hot dogs over there. Man I'm actually salivating now just thinking about all the food I ate there :D

Soldato
Fair enough :)

As long as you enjoyed it, that’s the important bit. Huge burger fan, last weekend I had a bacon cheese burger at Miller and carter (pic in the restaurant thread) and it was lovely.

our normal go to place is Byron but they’re still closed due to pandemic.
I actually want to try one of their veggie burgers as it sounds nice.

Soldato
Fair enough :)

As long as you enjoyed it, that’s the important bit. Huge burger fan, last weekend I had a bacon cheese burger at Miller and carter (pic in the restaurant thread) and it was lovely.

our normal go to place is Byron but they’re still closed due to pandemic.
I actually want to try one of their veggie burgers as it sounds nice.

I don't think my burger was the best quality mind you. I enjoyed it and we always enjoy food when we're starving. :D But I doubt it would compare to a burger at Miller and Carter.

Back
Top Bottom