The **Now Eating** Thread

Just finished a ribeye steak with shiitake mushrooms and asparagus. Steak was from Donald Russell online and was very nice indeed (undoubtedly helped by the, quite frankly, damn near perfect cooking :p). For those who doubt the wisdom of ordering meat online and/or frozen steak, I can assure you, if you order from a trusted place like Donald Russell, you have nowt to worry about.

On a side note; **** me, do we really need to do these poxy Christmas smileys every year? Can we not just pretend we're adults? :mad:

Waitrose bacon fries (like Frazzles).. as a light lunch before i cook an 840g joint of Aberdeen angus topside for dinner tonight.... with yorkie puds, roast spuds, savoy cabbage, carrots, leek.. pics will be posted later :)

Last edited:
1zx4i9h.jpg

Looking good cainer. :cool:

Made some kievs last night, egged up and rolled in some breadcrumbs with thyme and sage, were nice. Next time I'm going to cover it for a bit longer, could've been more succulent, nice tho! Oh, and some sprouts with walnuts and stuff.

Just finished a large plateful of roast chicken with tatties, curly kale and Chantenay carrots - also, probably the best gravy anyone has ever made :p

I was going to have it yesterday but the chicken wasn't properly defrosted so made it today. Loads of leftovers for tomorrow (and probably the next day as well) (and, of course, soup will be made from the carcass) :cool:

In-laws came for dinner, so we did some sirloins, sweet potato wedges, portabello mushrooms, beef tomatoes, and a massive salad, was delicious.

Then key lime cheesecake for dessert (not home-made, unfortunately - don't have time for that malarkey on a weeknight!)

Slimfast banana milkshake. The new diet begins today :/

EDIT: Hmm... I wonder if this should go in the now drinking thread instead. Technically its a meal...but its liquid. Hmmmmm...

Last edited:
Now now, do I have some lovely fillet steaks which the butcher assures me will be the best I've ever had, or do I have some of their incredibly nice faggots (of which I had a sample)?

Both will be served with mash, broccoli, carrots, peas and proper gravy. Decisions decisions!

Back
Top Bottom