The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
The wipes are for when he finished the Pathia

Was waiting for that! Little one was stuffing her face with Milk Lollies as a bribe to behave throughout the Indian run :p

Had the usual and enjoyed it! May have something different for a change next time.

Chicken Pathia, Plain Rice, Plain Naan and Chilli Sauce.

Soldato
May have something different for a change next time.

I've been the same way recently (Ceylon and Pathia) but am totally at a loss as to what to have next.
I might try my locals karahi next time as it is a simple one to make, but done right is a killer.

What dish you thinking of next, have you tried many over the years and perhaps enjoy a certain type of dish (Pathia I am taking a guess at) :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been the same way recently (Ceylon and Pathia) but am totally at a loss as to what to have next.
I might try my locals karahi next time as it is a simple one to make, but done right is a killer.

What dish you thinking of next, have you tried many over the years and perhaps enjoy a certain type of dish (Pathia I am taking a guess at) :cry:

I do absolutely adore my locals Pathia, as we've agreed before each Chef does them differently...

Meanwhile I've suggested Pathia to a few people who go else where and it looks nothing like!

Everyone has their own style of Curry which they love, before my love for Pathia my go to was Chilli Chicken Garlic but eventually I ordered and thought they had given me the wrong Curry... (They had completely changed the style) It was like Onion soup! Being the reason that I tried a Pathia and the rest was history.

My preference is a flavourful, saucy Curry with a nice in-between consistency (Not too thin, not too thick) where as some people prefer chunks of Onions, Peppers, Tomatoes etc.

Karahi are lovely, but they aren't usually that saucy more of a dry Curry.

I've tried many over the years, I'd perhaps suggest trying a Rogan Josh? Lamb or Chicken... Below are a few more suggestions which I enjoy, Dopiaza is really nice and a common favourite.

Chilli Chicken Garlic
Chicken Dopiaza
Rogan Josh
Chicken Methi
Chilli Chicken Naga Curry

Then totally different styles but I enjoy a Butter Chicken, or a Tomatoey Chicken Masala... It all depends on the restaurants and their styles, some Masala are basically a Korma.

Still on my list to go out and dine in a few highly rated Indians, due a few days get away soon to do exactly that in the evenings with a couple of Corbra Beers!

There's another place near me, the Curries aren't as good as my local but the sides and breads are lovely.. I love a Garlic Naan or a Green Chilli and Corriander Naan but I tend to keep my orders simple with Plain Naan and Plain Breads so I'm not breathing Garlic the next day.

Last edited:
Suspended
I do absolutely adore my locals Pathia, as we've agreed before each Chef does them differently...

Meanwhile I've suggested Pathia to a few people who go else where and it looks nothing like!

Everyone has their own style of Curry which they love, before my love for Pathia my go to was Chilli Chicken Garlic but eventually I ordered and thought they had given me the wrong Curry... (They had completely changed the style) It was like Onion soup! Being the reason that I tried a Pathia and the rest was history.

My preference is a flavourful, saucy Curry with a nice in-between consistency (Not too thin, not too thick) where as some people prefer chunks of Onions, Peppers, Tomatoes etc.

Karahi are lovely, but they aren't usually that saucy more of a dry Curry.

I've tried many over the years, I'd perhaps suggest trying a Rogan Josh? Lamb or Chicken... Below are a few more suggestions which I enjoy, Dopiaza is really nice and a common favourite.

Chilli Chicken Garlic
Chicken Dopiaza
Rogan Josh
Chicken Methi
Chilli Chicken Naga Curry

Then totally different styles but I enjoy a Butter Chicken, or a Tomatoey Chicken Masala... It all depends on the restaurants and their styles, some Masala are basically a Korma.

Still on my list to go out and dine in a few highly rated Indians, due a few days get away soon to do exactly that in the evenings with a couple of Corbra Beers!

There's another place near me, the Curries aren't as good as my local but the sides and breads are lovely.. I love a Garlic Naan or a Green Chilli and Corriander Naan but I tend to keep my orders simple with Plain Naan and Plain Breads so I'm not breathing Garlic the next day.
Have you had a murgh makhani from your place?

Soldato
Late tea

1000075857-01.jpg

1000075863-01.jpg

1000075864-01.jpg

1000075856-01.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think this will compete with aVdub, king of eggs.

20240711-190610.jpg
I'd smash that :cry:

Cheers :)

I wasn't going to post this, but this is how it can go so wrong from this morning.
Toast was cold and wouldn't melt the proper butter, one egg tried to run off before joining the plate, was slightly overdone and it all just went completely Pete Tong :D

xdl60Uj.jpg

Got a later trip out than predicted tomorrow, so might try better tomorrow morning...

Back
Top Bottom