• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
After spending most of yesterday in bed feeling crock and being up at 4am to take car over to MOT, I can now celebrate its passing and enjoy some eggs on sourdough.

rSXUk3P.jpg

I did suspect if LeoP was a re-reg.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm looking for some rings to keep the shape of my Gluten Free buns/Rolls whatever you want to call them :D
95mm internal I need, anybody ever used any like that to keep the shape ?
Also I need a decent camera, my old one is err.. old, so thoughts on a camera as well, no not thousands and thousands of pounds either :p

buns-Copy.jpg
What's the camera for?

Point and click, DSLR, etc etc ? :)

May be better asking on the photography sub?

Soldato
I got a 14MP Point and click, but the zoom 5-40mm 8x is rubbish. just want better pixels and Zoom @ 10-15ft.
Whatever I can get which makes sense for less than a bag-a-sand etc..
I'm a.lomg time out of the current models / best bang for buck etc but take a look at the Sony RX100

I've had 2 or three and are awesome.and very compact. Can be used as point and click / auto everything but also very capable as manual compact DSLR

You can usually pick up.a.model or two behind the latest for a.good price too. :)

Should really dig mine out .....

Last edited:
Associate
I had some old pentax 35mm cameras way back with 100mm zoom, used to take stunning pics.. ahh the analog days, hope and a prayer:D
Am I right in saying analog cameras are comparable to 50MP censors these days?

Soldato
I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend and what you want it mostly to do.

I have a Canon M50, Nikon Coolpix, small Sony point and click and 9 times out of 10 I use my Samsung S24 Ultra and would probably do similar with a lower priced mobile phone.

Last edited:
Associate
I got a 14MP Point and click, but the zoom 5-40mm 8x is rubbish. just want better pixels and Zoom @ 10-15ft.
Whatever I can get which makes sense for less than a bag-a-sand etc..
this..
I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend and what you want it mostly to do.

I have a Canon M50, Nikon Coolpix, small Sony point and click and 9 times out of 10 I use my Samsung S24 Ultra and would probably do similar with a lower priced mobile phone.

Soldato
A bridge camera will probably give you more than you want and with the right one, you can enjoy powerful zoom with some good features to play around with.
Mirrorless are really good imo (M50) but the lenes can be painfully expensive and can result in more time fumbling for a lens and less time taking pics.

This is just my opinion and I am by no means a pro when it comes to photography.

Back
Top Bottom