The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
I'm partial to a bit of flappy flaps too ;)

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif

Soldato
Those yolks are a wonderful colour. Fed up of very light orange and yellow yolks in eggs, they need to be a proper deep orange. One look at that yolk tells you it’s thick and creamy

This is a big misconception among egg lovers. The colour of the yolk has very little to do with its nutritional content. Actually, yolk colour depends almost entirely on pigments in the food chickens eat.27 Feb 2024

SqbTtTP.gif

Last edited:
Caporegime
This is a big misconception among egg lovers. The colour of the yolk has very little to do with its nutritional content. Actually, yolk colour depends almost entirely on pigments in the food chickens eat.27 Feb 2024

SqbTtTP.gif
I’m not talking about nutritional content, I’m talking about yolk thickness. Deep orange yolks are thicker and creamier than bright yellow yolks.

Soldato
Agree, you can try a thousand times, you’ll never get it like BIR quality

I’m open to user error, but it was pretty basic stuff, fry off some onions, add mix with a bit of water and chicken then cook for 30 mins.

Rick Stein’s Beef Rendang and James Martin Lamb shoulder Rogan josh, although different styles are easily up with BIR in terms of quality.

I’m not really talking about quality, it’s more the style, texture and taste of the curry. It’s the same with Chinese, I’ve never been able to get a chow mein or egg fried rice like my local, or the way they cook chicken that makes it massively soft and tender.

It’s like the coating on KFC or Big Mac sauce, never been matched 100%

Egg fried rice is easy, hot wok preferably over gas then add some oil. When you think you’ve got enough add some more than some msg.

Credit goes to my partner she’s Taiwanese and a mean cook.
Just a bit of lighthearted fun Rob.

Back
Top Bottom