The **Now Eating** Thread

Just got home from playing at another wedding gig at a golf club. I'd already had dinner before leaving home but there but there was a huge spread of free food there so we all took advantage.:D In fact, they over catered as there was still loads of food left at the end. I also took home some doggy bags of chicken, some cakes and some cote d'or chocolates.

20240914-194324.jpg

20240914-194333.jpg

20240914-194329.jpg

20240914-204412.jpg

20240914-202956.jpg

20240914-204417.jpg

20240914-220222.jpg

20240914-204701.jpg
20240914-194344.jpg

Last edited:
Love to see all of these wonderful Pathia Curries, all in different shapes and sizes but all equally as wonderful :D

Verdict? It looks similar to the one my local produces.

I’m glad you enjoyed, although it is safe to say no rulers were harmed during the plating up of that Curry and Rice :p

I'm sorry I let the side down by having a Chicken Tikka Madras, which was lovely and hot, but now realise it was a massive mistake and will be having Pathia on toast with eggs at least 3 morning next week to make up for this :D :cry:

zNyHimK.jpg

Yep, of course. It's basically the spagbol we do on a regular basis then into a lasagne:)

Finely dice and fry off two onions and two cloves of garlic until translucent

Stir in 500g of lean (5% fat) beef mince until browned off

Add salt, pepper and mix of herbs to flavour - basil, oregano and maybe some coriander (or Italian mixed dry herbs)

A real good glug of Henderson's relish (or Worcestershire Sauce)

Add 400ml of beef stock, a tin or chopped tomatoes and a tin / carton of pasta

Good squirt of tomato puree

Chuck in two bay leaves, stir through and simmer on a low heat until the liquid has reduced down to more of a ragu - we let it go longer if into lasagne so thicker

There's the basic Bolognese - for the lasagne layer up meat, lasagna (ideally fresh), meat, lasagna, cheese sauce, lasagna, meat, lasagna, meat, lasagna then cheese sauce.

Oven for 20 mins on 200 or until browned to taste ;)

Ideally if the Bolognese can be made the day before and left overnight in the fridge it does help to bring the flavour out.

Finally got around to making this as a spag bol last night, it was absolutely delicious! I did add grated carrot as well, forgot to take pictures though as we were starving by the time it was ready :cry:

I really enjoyed this, it was a taste sensation however needs to be reduced in price by 50% and double in size!

Offensive combination of ingredients to post here to say the least :p

That's like the date you take out due to that photo and in the morning 1/2 kilo of foundation has rubbed off, the lip filler has dropped to the chin and the botox is now sitting below the eyes :cry:

I said the same in a KFC years ago that this plate of prison slop looks nothing like the photo I ordered from and the woman just looked at me as though I was a freak..

Last edited:
Looks great. I have that in the week a lot, but I cheat my way to it. Chicken is one of those cooked portions that you stick in the oven to reheat. Pots are Bessie’s mini roasties and the veg is Birds Eye steam fresh with Bisto best gravy. Ridiculously easy but so good. I often have a Tesco finest beef dripping yorkie with it as well

That's like the date you take out due to that photo and in the morning 1/2 kilo of foundation has rubbed off, the lip filler has dropped to the chin and the botox is now sitting below the eyes :cry:

I said the same in a KFC years ago that this plate of prison slop looks nothing like the photo I ordered from and the woman just looked at me as though I was a freak..

Never have I ever woken up from a night out with a white foundation face in my life… :D :cry:

@aVdub The type of guy to have them measure his 6inch Sub… :cry: “Make it again and make it the full 6inches!!!”

Beyond meat, I believe are also what maccy d use for their Mc Plant burgers

My youngest who is a veggie says they taste the same

Yeah, My Partner always has McPlants.. I enjoy McPlants too and we often opt for the Beyond Meat Burgers when on Clubcard Price :cry:

We usually add an extra patty at McDonalds, makes a whole lot of difference!

Looks great. I have that in the week a lot, but I cheat my way to it. Chicken is one of those cooked portions that you stick in the oven to reheat. Pots are Bessie’s mini roasties and the veg is Birds Eye steam fresh with Bisto best gravy. Ridiculously easy but so good. I often have a Tesco finest beef dripping yorkie with it as well

The chicken was part of two big corn fed and organic birds I managed to buy for £14, instead of the £14 each.
We will have more during the week (cat has an eye on the remainder though) during lunch breaks and perhaps a cold meat, chips and egg.
Pots were from Albert Bartlett and homemade, but I am a fan of the Aunt Bessie's tbh and those in goose fat.
Apart from the large carrot, veg was frozen, which imo is pretty fresh if frozen at source.
Gravy was chicken cubes and the juices from the chicken.
Ran out of Yorkies, sadly, but now order some more :)

Last edited:
Just finished a gig and the venue booker just bought us dinner. I ordered burger and chips. :)

20240915-183107.jpg

You always seem to be doing a Gig… You must be pretty good, unless you only accept payment in the form of Food… :p

I always carry a tape measure and current photo's of fast food :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :D

I’ll only order a Footlong if I’m with my partner, can’t highlight the fact I’ve been lying to her all these years!!! :eek::cry:

Back
Top Bottom