The **Now Eating** Thread

Got my lamb from Tesco's. 2.1Kg for £8.70

just stuck mine in the oven, pics later :D

EDIT: done, just going to rest it for a while now :)

ictoc4.jpg

9rt74y.jpg

Last edited:
Nowt :(
Bloody starving, at work til 11pm

Just finished a medium dominoes buy 1 get 1 free with the missus.

Went for my usual create your own with mushrooms, tandoori chicken and green peppers.

Decided to try the hot dog stuffed crust, its better than i thought it would be but my god it bloats you out quickly!

I've been meaning to ask, how do you manage to do that with the egg? It's nearly perfect minus some white shrapnel still intact :D

+5 man points for the mushrooms too, a fry without mushrooms is not a fry at all.

I've been meaning to ask, how do you manage to do that with the egg? It's nearly perfect minus some white shrapnel still intact :D

+5 man points for the mushrooms too, a fry without mushrooms is not a fry at all.

:D
i poach it, i fill a pudding bowl with boiling water straight from the kettle then seperate the yolk and bathe it for ~3-4 minutes

Last edited:
Just back from a lovely resterant lunch at the Waterside Inn :)

img0081wd.jpg

Starter for me was west coast scallops with bacon, dressed in wasabi butter. I've had it before. Very tasty!

img0082y.jpg

Main course was slow cooked pulled pork with homemade BBQ sauce, dauphinoise potato cake and apple tempura fritters. First time having this. The pork was absolutely devine and the fritters were light and fruity :)

img0083tr.jpg

This was what my mum had for her main. Chicken brochette. Looks really good and my mum loved it. Definetely need to try that one of the next times were there.

All in all a fantastic meal. We were too full for any desserts, especially since we had a mixed fresh bread basket as an appetiser (the tomato bloomer bread was lovely!)

Would you recommend the waterside inn? It looks nice from the outside and is part of the gailes group and apparently it's mediocre.

I would definetely recommend it! I've been there a number of times and have never once had a bad experience there. Always good food at reasonable prices and the staff are warm and welcoming.

Back
Top Bottom