The **Now Eating** Thread

Silly question but hows the taste compared to the supermarket stuff and or farm shops!

I'm probably biased but tomatoes in particular are a world apart compared to supermarket tomatoes, so sweet and fragrant, and still a good bit better than farm shop imo but I guess that can depend on luck as well, the key to tomatoes tasting better is letting them warm to room temperature rather than eating straight from the fridge.

Cucumbers not a world of difference tbh, kinda greener tasting if that makes sense, and potato salad is always best homemade!, I don't really shop at farmers market much as find them too expensive, our family was very poor growing up so my mum always took advantage of an allotments offered by the local council to help supplement our food and keep costs down.

Last edited:
IMG-0568.jpg

I'm probably biased but tomatoes in particular are a world apart compared to supermarket tomatoes, so sweet and fragrant, and still a good bit better than farm shop imo but I guess that can depend on luck as well, the key to tomatoes tasting better is letting them warm to room temperature rather than eating straight from the fridge.

Cucumbers not a world of difference tbh, kinda greener tasting if that makes sense, and potato salad is always best homemade!, I don't really shop at farmers market much as find them too expensive, our family was very poor growing up so my mum always took advantage of an allotments offered by the local council to help supplement our food and keep costs down.
we used to grow lots of veg including tomatoes and they are a world apart from what you generally buy in a shop. the funny thing is some people actually have reactions to fresh tomatoes but can eat normal tinned ones. one of my fav simple meals is tomatoes on toast with loads of black pepper. :p

Back
Top Bottom