The **Now Eating** Thread

Agreed, or customise your own, and you are having that on a treat day :ekk: that's around ~4000kcal without double checking.

Do chicken, tandoori chicken and thin and crispy base, and it's around 1500.

http://www.takeafreshlook.co.uk/downloads/Pizzas-Nutrition-Pizzas-PerPortion.pdf
http://www.takeafreshlook.co.uk/downloads/Sides-Desserts-Nutrition-Sides-Desserts-PerPortion.pdf

Kickers 744
Pizza 3500
Honey mustard dip 128 per pot

Do you track calories? It's very worth while, these days make a huge difference to the weightloss trend and you can see the affects on a plotted chart. Treat days I now have a kebab or curry/tandoori mixed grill and no more than 3000kcal and normally that's all I eat that day. I just don't have the pita/rice or naan and so it's still relatively low carb.

You can also use your own sauces, if you like hot, habanero based chilli sauces are great as most are sugar free and low cal by nature.

Last edited:
Yikes! I didn't realise it would be as many as that! :eek:

Oh well. Its a bit too late to worry about that now. And its not like I make a habit of it. Its one treat day a month and I usually dont eat as much as this even on a treat day.

Oh dry your eyes Boo hoo boys.... just get something different :p

i have, 5 jam donuts for 10p and 2 tripple chocolate muffins for 25p from waitrose :p

anhr9v.jpg
34gtxqf.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes! I didn't realise it would be as many as that! :eek:

Oh well. Its a bit too late to worry about that now. And its not like I make a habit of it. Its one treat day a month and I usually dont eat as much as this even on a treat day.

It is shocking, make some small changes reall does change it though, the sauces are shocking over 100 per pot.
The thin and crispy base almost halfs the pizza.

On treat days I try and keep it to 3000 or below. And normal days 1800 max, Generally don't replace exercise, unless I'm starving.

I dont tend to look at the calories on a treat day :p

I dont eat Dominos on a regular basis anyway. Even before my diet it was only an occasional thing. It'll probably be months before I have one again.

I dont tend to look at the calories on a treat day :p

I dont eat Dominos on a regular basis anyway. Even before my diet it was only an occasional thing. It'll probably be months before I have one again.

A treat isn't a treat if you start checking every detail or worrying about it after. Treat, eat and enjoy :)

...having said that :eek: good shout out from Glaucus, though I wish you had waited until I'd made my mind up about later ;):D

they tell you the calories..
votrus.png

so 2780 for a large one of those, probably varies by +/- 10% depending how well they stack it ;P

A large portion of the kcal come from the base tbh. It's something like an extra 50-80kcal per slice (compare the italian base to regular).

edit: looks like I was massively beaten on this one

Last edited:
A treat isn't a treat if you start checking every detail or worrying about it after. Treat, eat and enjoy :)

...having said that :eek: good shout out from Glaucus, though I wish you had waited until I'd made my mind up about later ;):D

Treat days are treats, but I for one, If I got unrestricted then it's very hard to not go screw it and do the same the next day and go ill start eating properly on Monday or whatever.
By just realising and making a few changes, you can treat yourself and keep it sensible.

Treat days are treats, but I for one, If I got unrestricted then it's very hard to not go screw it and do the same the next day and go ill start eating properly on Monday or whatever.
By just realising and making a few changes, you can treat yourself and keep it sensible.

I tend to agree, though I definitely wouldn't want to go overboard worrying about stuff on treat days.

Having an idea of the caloric content of the food you eat is a good thing in general anyhow. If you have no idea at all you might think that having a nice juicy ribeye steak is going to make you fatter than that cheese and salad sandwich you chose to be "healthy".

On an unrelated note, can anyone find nutrition information, mainly calarie for goat belly.
I can find normal goat meat which is low cal, but how's the belly compare.

On an unrelated note, can anyone find nutrition information, mainly calarie for goat belly.
I can find normal goat meat which is low cal, but how's the belly compare.

I've never seen such info anywhere. You've probably already thought of it but have you thought about trying to work out the differences between belly and other cuts in other animals and seeing if you can work out something rough?

I hadn't thought of that, and that's a brilliant Idea, it will at least give me a ball park figure.

Ah, cool stuff. I'd be interested to hear the results of your research. I don't eat belly that often (mostly due to price - since it has become gourmet it seems to have doubled in cost) but it'd be good to know a bit more about it for a few different animals.

Rolled lamb belly is something I've been meaning to cook for a while. I imagine that is pretty high in delicious fat-based kcal (nom).

Yeah lamb belly is very high, got several in the freezer.

Lamb breast, raw (that's why I couldn't find many results) is 523Kcal per 100g, 14.5g protien, 34.5g fat, zero carbs

Not bothered by fats, but am interested in cheap and calories. In may ill have nearly no money and seen 3kilos of goat breast trimming for £12. I have my own mincer, so burgers, sausages, mince.

Yeah lamb belly is very high, got several in the freezer.

Lamb breast, raw (that's why I couldn't find many results) is 523Kcal per 100g, 14.5g protien, 34.5g fat, zero carbs

Not bothered by fats, but am interested in cheap and calories. In may ill have nearly no money and seen 3kilos of goat breast trimming for £12. I have my own mincer, so burgers, sausages, mince.

Nice. I'm not too fussed about the fat content either - I'm also on a low carb drive.

Is that goat thing online? Sounds tempting :) One thing..if it's anywhere near as tough as lamb breast/belly it may be difficult to use in your mincer. The rolled lamb belly I tried to mince didn't work at all - but my mincer may be less powerful than yours.

Domino's ordered...

Inspired by all the talk of it? :p

Back
Top Bottom