The **Now Eating** Thread

0403cac4c85311e2931722000a1fc67c_7.jpg

Shoehorned in to my FACE

Just ate an "American Hanger Steak" at the Football club restaurant called Yellows, medium-rare with mushrooms and cheese on a grilled ciabatta with fries!

Was delicious!

Went to Burgers and Cocktails By Giraffe today for lunch. http://www.giraffe.net/burgers/menus

After someone posted their chilli hot dogs the other day I had a craving for hot dogs! So I had a 'Black Jack Dirty Dog' which consisted of:

Hot dog, topped with bbq pulled pork, melted cheese, fried onions, bbq sauce & salsa verde, served with slaw & pickles.

It was amazing, but I couldn't finish it :(

I also had a Cherry Coke ice cream float which took me back to my childhood!

Last edited:
Went to Burgers and Cocktails By Giraffe today for lunch. http://www.giraffe.net/burgers/menus

i went to the one in portsmouth, massivley over priced and then they had the cheek to add 10% service charge to the bill which made 3 burgers and 3 pints over £50, the prices at the branch you went to look much more realistic, view the PDF for portsmouth and you'l see the price difference

i went to the one in portsmouth, massivley over priced and then they had the cheek to add 10% service charge to the bill which made 3 burgers and 3 pints over £50, the prices at the branch you went to look much more realistic, view the PDF for portsmouth and you'l see the price difference

I can't see much difference looking at the two menus to be honest Cainer!

But our meal for 7 (two children) with 8 drinks came to £64.

They do a lunchtime deal where you can get a cheeseburger and fries etc for £5, which 4 of us did.

EDIT: I was looking at the menu for the other Burgers and Cocktails - which is why I couldn't see any difference. Yes there is a difference between where I went and 'real' Giraffe. :)

Last edited:
Got a pork belly in the oven- crackling's looking good already. Serving with leeks braised in white wine, garlic, shallot then add some crispy smoked pancetta and after some cream and parmesan. Also serving with a truffled parsnip puree with some crispy pancetta.

Hopefully will be good :)

Just ate an "American Hanger Steak" at the Football club restaurant called Yellows, medium-rare with mushrooms and cheese on a grilled ciabatta with fries!

Was delicious!

I had that a few months ago before I left for Edinburgh! Certainly is a lovely place to eat and good choice on the grub! ;)

Soon to be delving into lemon + ginger chicken with rice! Boring but simple and tasty! :D

I had that a few months ago before I left for Edinburgh! Certainly is a lovely place to eat and good choice on the grub! ;)

Nice! I have a corporate hospitality card for the football club so eat there often (my office is on thorpe road) not just match days :D

Back
Top Bottom