The **Now Eating** Thread

For dinner last night we got the raclette out (our garden is a bit exposed and it had got a bit chilly & windy for barbecueing), with loads of different continental meats (find Aldi/Lidl really good for those sorts of things!), onions, mushrooms, green beans, baby corn, tomatoes, potatoes, loads of different cheeses, freshly baked bread... It was fantastic and really sociable.

For lunch today I had some bits of leftover meat, a few slices of mozzarella and some sundried tomatoes. Heavenly!

Thinking about when to put chicken in the oven for dinner, haven't had a chicken dinner for ages so I'm really looking forward to it!

Oooooo we have one in the loft a mate bought us for our wedding present, have you any decent tips, we just generally get quails eggs, raclette cheese, steak peppers and bits and bobs.

Not really, that's the beauty of them to be honest - you can throw anything you like on them! I always find things like bits of chorizo, (good as the flavoured oil it lets out gives good flavour to veg etc that you throw on), slices of parma ham, pepperoni, etc, are fab as they get nice and crisp and delicious.
We don't just stick to raclette cheese either; things like bavarian smoked, cheddar with bits added in (last night we had some fab cheddar with balsamic onions in), even blue cheeses, done in the little pans are great.

We have done chicken on it before but it takes a while to cook through if you don't cut it really thin, so we tend to stick, like you, to bits of steak or continental meats/salamis.

lqoE8n1l.jpg

The best thing I've ever concocted from things I just had in my freezer and cupboard.

A fish stew some spices and veg. Brown rice and kidney beans. With a little spring onion and lime juice over it.

Got some left but I shouldn't eat any more!!

I'm baking in the sun with a bunch of thick sticks of carrot and a few nice thick slices of cucumber to dip in a red pepper hummus and a Morrocan. Oh and a Curiosity Cola to drink.

Back
Top Bottom