The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
Fancied a late snack. Got a Cainer special. PJs the works with spicy beef instead of olives.

i went for a Herbies new yorker tonight :)

spaxqf.jpg

Soldato
Will get pictures up when I can get to a pc, but tonight had the best BBQ dinner ever.

They only do lamb, and do it by the leg. We got around 1.7 kilo leg. They then bring out a BBQ and place it in a hole in your table and place the skewered leg on top, like a spit roast. You're given a long knife and fork and there you go. It was easily the best BBQ meat I've ever had.

The cost? Leg of lamb, some salad, two beers and a coke. £22.

Man of Honour
just bought a pack of chicken mini fillets and doused them in the last of my hot piri-piri sauce, they'l either be served in pitta with mayo or on a bed of salad with ranch dressing, il see how the mood takes me later :)

Man of Honour
First attempt at meat in yellow bean sauce and cashews.

It's very taste, but needs some work, it's too strong a flavour and it's missing something.

250g sliced pork
75g toasted cashews
2 onions
2 carrots
1 garlic clove
1 chilli (needs more)
2 tablespoons sesame oil
180g cbl sweet bean paste (translated apparently yellow bean and hoisin sauce paste)
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar.
4 or so tablespoons of water

Served it with plain egg noodles.

Next attempt I actually have yellow bean sauce and hoisin sauce serrated, so I'll try mixing it myself. Other than that need to browse the web and see what I'm mixing although I did look and didn't come up with any recipes last time.
Also thinking less pastes more water and a bit of corn flour. Next attempt I'll try

2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 + chillis
1 tbsp freshly grated root ginger
2 tbsp yellow bean sauce
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine
2 tbsp sesame oil

See how that goes, found a few similar recipes on google now, but nothing matching what the takeaway does.

Also god damn, if I ever get my own place I will fit a proper wok after burn burner.

Last edited:
Soldato
We had some training at work today. Work was kind enough to put on lunch for the team. We got 4 large pizzas from Dominos to share. A plain cheese, a pepperoni passion, a Hawaiian and a BBQ chicken.

I had about 7 slices :D

Man of Honour
Feel sick now, 2 X double smashed onion cheese burgers topped with 2 bacon, 3 chorizo may and chilli sauce. With a tub if coleslaw on the side.

I wish I didn't calorie count that. Might need a little snooze now.

Man of Honour
PJ's Half and Half Spicy Italian Pizza / Sausage & Pepperoni on the way here :)

PJ's sent me some vouchers in the post today, i got all excited thinking they must be good ones,
£5 off a £15 spend and £10 off a £25 spend... drinks/ice cream not included.
think il stick to the £7.99 any large pizza my local PJ's does

Back
Top Bottom