The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
chicken mini fillets marinated for 48 hours in Nandos hot piri-piri sauce

rr8u21.jpg

vncqx5.jpg

28kmwc6.jpg

ive got a couple of cans of Stella to finish off then il serve them in pitta bread with salad :)

EDIT:
ITS MARINATING!!! Don't rip my chicken with dirty chicken in can lol!

yeah, i got you bro ;)

Man of Honour
@cainer, do you actually heat all four rings?

no, just pulled the griddle into the center for the pic ;)

mustard hot dogs
aw9mxu.png
with onions, Tommy K** and frenchies mustard

xr8cm.jpg

** heinz sachets from McDonalds, i think they have a higher viniger content, not sure but i prefer them to supermarket heinz

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Randomly found some brioche buns in Tesco, finger ones. So thought I would give them a go so got some frankfurters as well. Not bad at all. Plenty of wholegrain mustard and a little ketchup.

Man of Honour
vr7gae.jpg

Happy meal (sml fries, 4 nuggets, sml diet coke) and a bigus macus
now to get £1-£2 cashback by selling the toy to those crazy people on ebay ;)

Man of Honour
SMALL fries?!?!? :mad:

consider it a swap for some nuggets :)

just stuck the oven on for this..

nl7ggi.jpg

1/2 a chilli chicken, going to shred it off the bone and mix the chillies into it
then serve it in pitta with jacket spud + new potato's and home grown cucumber/tomato's

9a8yz6.jpg

erm, i think its cooked :D

10d7ixl.jpg

2u6pans.jpg

well unfortunatly the plate shot is a lil uninspiring, the pitta was a little large for the filling :)

rc3e9u.jpg

tasted great though, those birds eye chillis pack a good punch :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It looks like a takeaway. The from the Chinese gives it away.

However I want to try making smoked shredded chicken, which I think is the same dish and have saved these two videos.

Hopefully those two and a bit of winging it, will give me something acceptable.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Second video doesn't seem to be working.

The guy in the first video seems to be making an okay run of it though he seems to be adding a ridiculous amount of salt. On top of that he's also getting all of his "smoke" flavour from the smoked salt. I like smoked salt but that particular product isn't smoky enough to impart a strong smoke flavour in your food.

As far as I can tell he's basically making salt and pepper chicken but adding hoisin to the egg used for binding. I'm sure it'll taste good though.

edit: As much as I like salt and pepper chicken I do think Karaage is better: http://norecipes.com/recipe/karaage-recipe/

Man of Honour
Fixed, can't seem to find one recipe that looks right, but between the two videos and a bit of guess work.

That recipe looks good, do you use some sort of dipping sauce with it?

In fact I like that site thanks for sharing, a few to add to the list.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The second video looks better :) If you're going to pre-cook the chicken I'd recommend simmering it in milk though. It works well with making chicken katsu at least. I'd personally prefer fresh chicken however.

I still don't really get what is meant to be 'smoked' about these recipes. I guess the hoisin/yellow bean and chillies will give it a slightly smoked flavour. I'd prefer to make some kind of tea smoked chicken though. Nom nom.

I've only made chicken karaage a few times and never really bothered with a dipping sauce. Mostly due to laziness and wanting to eat it super quickly though :p I can imagine loads of sauces would work with it. Wasabi mayonaise might be a good one.

Man of Honour
No do I as they aren't Smokey, not even the takeaway ones.

WASABI, WASABI, WASABI MAYO.

that's it, that's on next months shopping list.

Back
Top Bottom