The **Now Eating** Thread

Suspended
A papa johns for tonight. Please excuse the dark photo.

I implore everyone to try a papa johns. It just gets better every single time. There is not a pizza place in the land that can beat Papa Johns.

36ae396009d6c50289c256c9cde34ee5_zpsd5482f53.jpg

Associate
I find that PJ's taste almost identical to dominos, only difference I find is that they have disgusting sauce for dipping the crust. PJ's is normally less of a rip off than dominos though.

Man of Honour
just had a surprisingly good dinner on the cheap, stuck 2 medium sized jacket spuds in the oven and ordered a chicken madras from the indian restaurant next door and served it over the top of the spuds..
they threw in 3 popadoms, 4 different pickles, onion salad and a naan bread in for free :D

Man of Honour
After my 80 mile ride today I decided I deserved grease...so a large stuffed crust Papa John's pizza it was.

As usual when I do this kind of thing though, I forgot how utterly gash the big names in take away pizza are. It still did the job though I guess.

Man of Honour
I did the opposite, first gym session. So
Cous cous, stir fried veg, can of tuna and some low salt soy sauce.

And yes pizza places really are rubbish and if it was the fact they deliver almost 24hrs a day I wouldn't get them.

Man of Honour
Lamb leg steak, roast spuds, cabbage and carrots, was ment to have some yorkie puds with it but my flat mate forgot to put them on :(
had a real sweet tooth craving after that lot so popped out and picked up some wine gums, a boost, a picnic, and a fry peppermint cream :cool:

Man of Honour
couldnt decide whether to have crusty or tiger bacon rolls, so im having one of each :)

EDIT: crusty roll won the taste test :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Like some of the guys above, I'm not to keen on take away pizza, working from home today and made a batch of passata yesterday. So the mixer came out, 00 went in, and this was created!

IMG_2014111839979_zpsvf1oqlsw.jpg

Man of Honour
http://www.pizzaandwine.co.uk/

Yet to try but I've only heard good things!

I missed this post earlier sorry.

I've actually tried that place. It's very good for take away pizza. As the overly picky person I am though I found the base had a bit too much flour on it (so was a little powdery on the bottom) and also wasn't quite as browned as I like.

That said, I've not had better pizza from a take away - not by a long shot :)

(also, I forgot about that place when I ordered from PJs...otherwise I'd have totally gone to P&W) :)

Back
Top Bottom