The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
Like some of the guys above, I'm not to keen on take away pizza, working from home today and made a batch of passata yesterday. So the mixer came out, 00 went in, and this was created!

IMG_2014111839979_zpsvf1oqlsw.jpg

Looks good :)

I ran out of 00 recently and made do with "very" strong white bread flour. Can't say that I noticed a difference really. That said, as they're the same price I will continue to use 00.

Soldato
Interesting... I didn't really think to compare that aspect of it. I'll pay attention next time :)

It's night and day, though I used to go through 25kg a week (for pizza's), when the dough wasn't quite right you knew it. It doesn't just come down to the grade. When I changed supplier to Ritter Courivaud, the difference was phenomenal(Going from cash & carry 00 own brand)

It's hard to describe, but everything from the way it sounded in the mixer (the slaps) to how it was softer to roll yet easier to stretch. Plus there's far less shrinkage during cooking. And the pasta was 100% better, though better semolina and local free range eggs were supplied when I started :p)

Back
Top Bottom