The **Now Eating** Thread

Got some pics of the Christmas dinner! I've been feeling way too full all day but just had a little bit more of the ham. It is so good! The whole thing weighs about 10kg!
PC240008%20%28Custom%29.JPG

And this was our starters today for the dinner. Didn't manage to take a pic of the ham and the warm foods as I was too busy eating. (and yay white christmas if you can notice the snow outside)
PC240026%20%28Custom%29.JPG

Also had way too much chocolate. Round 2 tomorrow of all of this food! :D

pint of eggs

:eek:

Award Winning Yorkshires...

6 eggs
300ml full fat milk
260g plain flour
goose or duck fat, or beef dripping
salt 
ground white pepper

James Mackenzie is a genuine made-in-Yorkshire chef and he’s been making Yorkshire Puddings since he was a little boy. He now runs the beautiful Pipe and Glass Inn with his wife Kate and two children Toby and Molly.

James is also the author of the award-winning cookbook On the Menu where you’ll find his recipe for Perfect Yorkshire Puddings and 69 other mouth-watering recipes.

In the book James said ‘Yorkshire Pudding is the first recipe that I ever made. I was about 5 or 6 years old, and I can remember cracking the eggs and whisking like mad, and my mum saying, ‘Carry on, they need more air,’ but I think this was just a ploy to keep me occupied and had nothing to do with her recipe. The recipe is simple and it uses an excessive amount of eggs which creates the biggest Yorkshires that you have ever made.’

Last edited:
:eek:

Award Winning Yorkshires...

Basically - you have the same measure.. seems to work if you can't remember any measurements.. but nowadays you have google at the finger tips :p

So if you have 6 eggs, then put them into a glass and measure the same of flour and milk.

23mk8ex.jpg

Sliced sausage, link, bacon, potato scones, egg, mushrooms, white and black pudding. There was also grilled tomato on the go, but I didn't want any of that.

Lovely nosh! :D

Back
Top Bottom