The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
2ups45i.jpg

Caporegime
I attempted to improvise a slow cook pork with potato and leek thing, but the milk didn't agree with slow cooking in stock. :(

Pork is tender enough, but potatoes are not cooked through, boo! 3 hours in the oven should have done it, oh well.

Associate
Better off with raw pineapple, has more juices and the acid in them break dow the structre of your gamon,making it more tender. i serve gammon with fresh pinapple and a fried egg - white included (run's for cover)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just finished eating a couple of pork chops with a dry spice rub. I found the rub on the interweb and thought it looked good so I had it on my steak on Saturday night - I wasn't terribly impressed.

I got a couple of pork chops from my buddy yesterday so I had them tonight and decided to take a chance on the rub with pork instead of beef - I'm glad I did :cool: (Cooked on the gas BBQ btw).

The rub was a bit dull with the steak but, by christ, it wasn't dull with the pork chops. Gave a lovely kick to them and complimented the pork beautifully. I can only assume the guy who posted the recipe on the website was either mistaken or American ;)

Try this, it's lovely with pork. This makes a huge amount so, if you want less, scale it down as required.

Garlic and Mustard Dry Rub:

1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 tablespoons ground paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

Back
Top Bottom