The **Now Eating** Thread

Caporegime
Some food in Berlin.

Currywurst - Side note, I have to say I don't see what the fuss is about. It tastes ridiculously processed, the sauce is nice but still processed. I had it twice just to make sure. Okay snack I guess, I wouldn't have it as a main meal.

yeZqqxD.jpg

5z4Mmnp.jpg

Schnitzel

7BAciUK.jpg

I took a detour for a bowl of ramen

Qwi7JJF.jpg

Pizza, not bad actually.

0I4gGYJ.jpg

Lots of sweets

2U3B8wM.jpg

XMvqzr6.jpg

4u13yB6.jpg

Station Sushi

dpC48qZ.jpg

There were quite a few Starbucks breakfast to be had.

XsWFNSg.jpg

okJQ9aP.jpg

Not Starbucks.

tR8el77.jpg

Pulled Pork Tacos

dAMYeP2.jpg

Even committed the cardinal sin.

KWNIHrI.jpg

Man of Honour
Yeah I quite like currywurst but agree. But then again it is from fast food vans, I wonder what a traditional version would taste like with a bit more expense spared in the ingredients.
Should give this recipe a try one day
http://www.welcometofranconia.com/currywurst-sauce-authentic-recipe/

Not sure where to get the sausages from though.

And is that a Portuguese egg tart? Those things are amazing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah I quite like currywurst but agree. But then again it is from fast food vans, I wonder what a traditional version would taste like with a bit more expense spared in the ingredients.
Should give this recipe a try one day
http://www.welcometofranconia.com/currywurst-sauce-authentic-recipe/

Not sure where to get the sausages from though.

And is that a Portuguese egg tart? Those things are amazing.

My friend had one from a German Restaurant when I had the Schnitzel, she says it tasted just like the one from earlier (the pink table one). The one I had later one with the potatoes, it looks much different on the outside than the others but it tastes exactly the same too. It think there is a standard way of making them.

Soldato
Incredible pictures, Raymond. I particularly like the waffle pic, the choc and macaroon and the pulled pork.

Mint choc chip.

20180508_175654.jpg

Caporegime
Incredible pictures, Raymond. I particularly like the waffle pic, the choc and macaroon and the pulled pork.

Mint choc chip.

20180508_175654.jpg

I have to admit, I bought the ice cream because it makes a cool photo, same as the strawberry pie :p

The Waffles was a fluke, wasn't hungry but my friend was eating something so I ordered something off the menu and it was hot so went for waffles and ice cream. That lens makes most things look good, it makes a glass of coke look like this.

NnDwZnp.jpg

Man of Honour
pork donburi, similar to wagamas ish.

rice, carrot ribbons, pea shoots, spring onion, miso marinaded pork, kimchi, Hot oil, soy sauce.
no lovely picture, but so easy to make and so tasty.

wish I had Turkish delight too finish off the meal, love the stuff.

Soldato
NP7LUV.jpg

Breakfast at Tim Horton's today. Had to try one of their new honey cruller's. Really tasty. Very light and fluffy! :)

Later had lunch at Six By Nico's. Theme this time was Vietnamese Street Food. Not really happy with how the pics turned out. Poor lighting, so had to use the flash. How I envy Ray's amazing camera skills...

LkzVpE.jpg

Snack course was Bahn Mi, a baguette with beef and chilli pickles. Really tasty little treat.

odhYqu.jpg

1st course was Spring Roll, crayfish and crab in rice paper, with Vietnamese herbs. Tasty :)

famnSD.jpg

Second course was Pho, chicken noodles with tiger prawns, mushroom and aromatic broth. Both was nice, though I would have liked more noodles.

pksDME.jpg

Third course was choa vit, which is rice porridge with duck, peanut and mooli. Really liked this one. The textures and flavours were really good.

BaPHUR.jpg

The fourth course was meant to be sea bream and squid, but I didn't fancy that, so I swapped it for the 4th course from the vegetarian menu, tofu. Came with vermicelli noodles, mango and cashews. I really liked this one as well. Don't eat tofu often, but I found myself really enjoying this.

j9MV0Y.jpg

Fifth course was Claypot Pork Belly. Served with pak choi, water chestnut, coconut rice and pineapple. Gonna be honest, the pork and the rice was good, but otherwise I wasn't a big fan of this. Not a fan of bak choi and I didn't think the pineapple worked with the dish.

VahBSK.jpg

And finally dessert, Vietnamese Coffee, condensed milk panna cotta, coffee cake, pandang and palm sugar. Really good dessert. The cake was moist and tasty and it was great with the panna cotta and the pandang :)

Back
Top Bottom