• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Star swarm with new drivers, left sli enabled and normally get better score when disabled so will try again later with it disabled.

===============================================
Oxide Games
Star Swarm Stress Test - ©2013
C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Star Swarm\Output_14_04_09_1326.txt
Version 1.10
04/09/2014 13:26
===========================================================

== Hardware Configuration =================================
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
CPU: GenuineIntel
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Physical Cores: 4
Logical Cores: 8
Physical Memory: 8541532160
Allocatable Memory: 8796092891136

== Configuration ==========================================
API: DirectX
Scenario: ScenarioFollow.csv
User Input: Disabled
Resolution: 1920x1080
Fullscreen: True
GameCore Update: 16.6 ms
Bloom Quality: High
PointLight Quality: High
ToneCurve Quality: High
Glare Overdraw: 16
Shading Samples: 64
Shade Quality: Mid
Deferred Contexts: Disabled
Temporal AA Duration: 16
Temporal AA Time Slice: 2
Detailed Frame Info: Off

== Results ================================================
Test Duration: 360 Seconds
Total Frames: 28435

Average FPS: 78.98
Average Unit Count: 4733
Maximum Unit Count: 6039
Average Batches/MS: 1167.89
Maximum Batches/MS: 4200.23
Average Batch Count: 17509
Maximum Batch Count: 138641

When I was testing VRAM earlier, I was getting a bit of stutter on Siege and was apparent when I enabled the cpu/GPU overlay.

Anyone else get this? I didn't prior to these drivers. Maybe me or server.

I did a little frame time testing last night on bf4, single card was up around 25-30ms, dual cards was sitting pretty at 7-8ms.

Stay away from 64 man servers, dice have acknowledged a rubber banding issue with them which may take its toll on what your frames and times are doing.

Edit: frame times were same range on tr for single and dual.

I did a little frame time testing last night on bf4, single card was up around 25-30ms, dual cards was sitting pretty at 7-8ms.

Stay away from 64 man servers, dice have acknowledged a rubber banding issue with them which may take its toll on what your frames and times are doing.

Edit: frame times were same range on tr for single and dual.

This an Nvidia issue? Been playing 64 man Conquest and running fine here.

No rubber banding here.

Not sure about game modes in general but theres some low level rubber banding on 64 player conquest (all I play) its not the most obvious unless you look for it but combined with the supression system it makes the game almost unplayable in close firefights - anyone LMG spamming from medium range can dominate people even easier than before due to the combination of those 2 things. (its not a GPU thing but can have an impact on rendering performance for some reason - it should have an equal effect on nVidia and AMD gpus though).

Not sure about game modes in general but theres some low level rubber banding on 64 player conquest (all I play) its not the most obvious unless you look for it but combined with the supression system it makes the game almost unplayable in close firefights - anyone LMG spamming from medium range can dominate people even easier than before due to the combination of those 2 things. (its not a GPU thing but can have an impact on rendering performance for some reason - it should have an equal effect on nVidia and AMD gpus though).

Can you show an example? Like I said I get no issue with my system. All i play is Conquest 64 man.

Its as much felt as it is seen and if you don't notice it when playing (assuming your getting it which most people are but not all) you probably won't notice it in a video.

Its most felt when trying to aim and shoot in a firefight - if your getting it you should notice it when trying to shoot back at people and the game feels like its skipping around.

Its as much felt as it is seen and if you don't notice it when playing (assuming your getting it which most people are but not all) you probably won't notice it in a video.

Its most felt when trying to aim and shoot in a firefight - if your getting it you should notice it when trying to shoot back at people and the game feels like its skipping around.

I'm probably going to get ridiculed by someone for saying this, i get a little of that in DX, i also get a little micro stuttering when moving sideways and when turning.

I don't get any of that in Mantle, nothing at all, it simply is perfect, i never actually noticed any of this in DX until i used Mantle, now i can't go back to DX, its bloody awful...

Yep just a generic issue, the only advise given is to steer clear of 64 man servers until its sorted. Some servers have been perfect others pathetic. As mentioned I think its more to do with other players pings then any one type of system or server.

Back
Top Bottom