• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
Anyone else with a 2080ti tried the Time Spy benchmark after this and it flickers ? Tried several other benchmarks and a few games to be sure and they are fine. Small increase in result on this benchmark.

Also dont know whether its me but the RT portal benchmark on 3dMark before the ship surface was nice and shiny like new. Now after installing these drivers I can see what look like scratches, dirt and in-perfections has anyone else noticed it ?

Not everyone is keen on these new drivers, it appears they have broken a few things with this release, will be sticking to earlier drivers from what I have read so far.

Soldato
NVIDIA Releases GeForce 430.53 Hotfix Driver, Fixing High CPU Utilization Caused by Telemetry

NVIDIA today introduced their latest hotfix driver. Driver number 430.53 addresses reported issues of high CPU utilization (due to NVDisplay.Container.exe) on NVIDIA's previous 430.39 WHQL driver, which added support for their latest GTX 1650 graphics card as well as Windows' 1903 release.

https://www.techpowerup.com/255034/...xing-high-cpu-utilization-caused-by-telemetry

Hotfix is available.

Thanks, hopefully it'll fix some processes that recently started going stuttery/unresponsive.

Soldato

V F

V F

Soldato
When did they start adding all this telemetry stuff? Remember when GeForce drivers were so tiny less than 100MB. Though I also remember a time NVIDIA drivers weren't so buggy. Even GeForce Experience is known for its riddled launching bugs.

I can't say I miss GeForce Experience since going to manual clean driver route last November. Though, the screenshot feature was handy and I really liked ShadowPlay.

Even when I think back to mid 2017 their drivers weren't in such a mess compared to today.

Soldato
When did they start adding all this telemetry stuff? Remember when GeForce drivers were so tiny less than 100MB. Though I also remember a time NVIDIA drivers weren't so buggy. Even GeForce Experience is known for its riddled launching bugs.

I can't say I miss GeForce Experience since going to manual clean driver route last November. Though, the screenshot feature was handy and I really liked ShadowPlay.

Even when I think back to mid 2017 their drivers weren't in such a mess compared to today.
The telemetry module that silently installs itself and is constantly running in the background was added to the driver in November 2016.

https://www.ghacks.net/2016/11/07/nvidia-telemetry-tracking/

Associate
Yeh, I've been using them for months.

Initially removed the offending stuff manually and then used the clean versions when they became available.

Also d/l a useful utility from Guru that removes them from the normal driver if the clean version isn't available.

There are 'Clean' drivers that supposedly have that stuff removed @Kelt

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/430-39-whql-clean-version.421390/

I use them as I don't want the telemetry.

Interesting never heard of this before, i only ever install the gpu driver on its own as i do not like added extras. I am guessing with this 'Clean Driver' you can still use Nvidia control panel etc?

Associate
I stopped the NVidia telemetry service yesterday, didn't follow all the instructions, just stopped that service.

Earlier today, SOTTR wouldn't start, it took me ages to find a log file complaining about the NVidia driver, that made me remember what I had done - Restarted that service, and the game started immediately!

I need to retry with the full "clean up" instructions...

Back
Top Bottom