• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I have been ignorant of the clean versions i must start using them asap and read that thread. Is it only on guru3d you find it and is there anything to note about it?

I have tried a couple of different NVidia Driver cleaners but I actually prefer NVCleanstall.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-nvcleanstall/

Anybody that plays world of warships on a NV card what driver are you using as I've got a really old one and wondered if any of the newer ones work well,thanks.

Never had a problem with World of Warships and I`m always using the latest drivers.

Permabanned
Caporegime
Can anybody confirm SLI support for RDR2 is now a thing? - I’m reading conflicting reports about it on a few discussion groups.

Got a cheap option on a 1080ti that’s been used as a second SLI card for a few years by a mate, it doesn’t output anything when used as a single card for whatever reason (and was like this when he bought, it was sold as faulty) my only real concern is my 4790k won’t provide enough grunt to drive them properly......

Re the scaling, do I adjust resolution scale or in control panel? - I’m currently running 4096x2160 - looks great but struggling to maintain 45 FPS.

Associate
Sweet! - That sounds like it’s SLI support is now sorted.

What cpu are you running? - I’m guessing you’ve got a bit more grunt than a 4790k.....

9900k, but the 4790k should be fine if running at 4K as it's such a GPU intensive game.

Some settings require ridiculous GPU power when fully maxed out at 4K and can even push 2x 2080 Ti's to their limits and it can drop below 50fps in certain demanding scenes mainly at night which is insane for zero image quality difference with two of these cards. So I went and used the hardware unboxed optimised settings as a baseline, then upped everything else to the max that doesn't need much more power to run while maintaining an absolute minimum of 60fps in the most demanding scenes.

Such an amazing looking game when cranking up all the settings at 4K though :)

Caporegime
I DDU nuked the driver, 2D Idle clocks are back to normal, hopefully that will stop the random freezing.
I've had DDU cause no end of weird crap before, stopped using it and no longer suspect my GPU of being broken! :o :D

Although in this instance it seems to have cured your issue, another nod here for NVCleanstall. :)

Back
Top Bottom