• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Totally. I left the game alone, as I could see the 3D potential for it and now it is fixed, it looks stunning. Anyone who likes 3D NEEDS to give this a play.

I find the hardest bit is getting them to stop going back round. You tilt the case on every angle and clear the big bubbles, just to watch them go back into the damned loop again from the res. Plenty of some severe shaking of the case mostly works for me and squeezing the pipes for a second also helps.

LOL :D The 100ml res I decided to fit thankfully catches most of them in my loop. There's just a lot of them

2 D5s already for one loop. I think it's more to do with the way of dah flow :)

A pair should bleed the lot inside 15mins unless the entire thing is uphill. D5's aren't best suited to big loops, I'll be using 2 18w ddc's on my next loop for the higher head pressure.

As soon as Mantle is released, I will not play BF4, as it will be old hat and I will be bored of the game :D Only joking and I should fire it up again. I want to like Assetto Corsa but like you, I can't steer some of those tight corners on my 360 pad, as the movement isn't enough... I need a wheel but just don't have the room for one and it would probably be a 5 minute wonder for me.

Assetto corsa settings> controls> xbox for windows> steering sensitivity. Its defaulted at something inanely low, adjust that to find a sweet spot, still not ideal but an improvement

Also dosn't help when you have to insert something to adjust the speed, its about time D5's came with a little knob to turn. Mines set to about 3.75 which is great when its running/bled. Just need more power to bleed.

Yep some sort of dial would be perfect.

A pair should bleed the lot inside 15mins unless the entire thing is uphill. D5's aren't best suited to big loops, I'll be using 2 18w ddc's on my next loop for the higher head pressure.

It is fairly steep in a couple places. I didn't shake it around all that much initially either :D. It's fine now, just took awhile lol. I did consider using some 18w ddc's too but thought 2x 480s and 2x 240s didn't justify it lol.

I recently updated to the latest NVIDIA beta drivers and it messed up everything. Now I'm unable to install an older version, or update it to anything.

I get the error: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open

Any ideas on what to do next?

When I download direct from NVIDIA a set of drivers, or attempt an install directly from GeForce Experience, I get the same error.

Managed to reset and currently have 320.78 successfully installed somehow, but that was through windows update.

As soon as Mantle is released, I will not play BF4, as it will be old hat and I will be bored of the game :D Only joking and I should fire it up again. I want to like Assetto Corsa but like you, I can't steer some of those tight corners on my 360 pad, as the movement isn't enough... I need a wheel but just don't have the room for one and it would probably be a 5 minute wonder for me.

Hey man, I'm using the 360 pad at moment, try steering speed 20% and speed sensitivity 0.05, it'll give you more movement, that is of course my preference, just tweak to your liking ;)

Last edited:
Bf4 seems much smoother with these on SLI 680's. It was noticeable so brought up the render time graph and very few spikes during a 64 player game.

Geforce drivers have a tick box to do a clean install and works much better. No need for third party tools tbh.

Incorrect as that's mostly to do with game profiles. The uninstaller removes many files that is left behind from old files, including registry. Your post was proven false many times before

I use the nvidia clean install option and haven't had any issues but Neil is right, it doesn't actually remove most of the stuff left behind by old drivers.

Only use a 3rd party uninstaller if you're having issues though as sometimes they can cause issues.

Incorrect as that's mostly to do with game profiles. The uninstaller removes many files that is left behind from old files, including registry. Your post was proven false many times before

+1

I always use DDU after uninstalling a display driver, And it always finds stuff left behind, It's best to do this as then you have a clean slate to work with :)

Official DDU Download Website - *11.3 is the latest*

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Case and point, uninstall the drivers normally. Then do a registry check via ccleaner, you'll be shocked to see just how much is left behind :D

DDU is the best third party uninstaller currently available, I'd highly recommend it

i was using the Geforce 334.67 drivers and although at first they seemed okay things soon went downhill like my clocks reverting to 2d in game (no driver crash/reset though) and desktop text characters looked all fuzzy and were hurting my eyes at my monitors refresh of 75hz

Another report of games reverting to 2d in game, looks like I'm going to install the previous driver!

**** sake :(

I think he was saying that what you've said in your post has been proven to be wrong many times. Not you specifically posting the same thing many times :)

Back
Top Bottom