• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Apparently that hasn't worked either. Had a couple of crashes over the last 8hrs gaming (only in black ops 4). It seems the crashes are random. Reducing the OC hasn't reduced the amount of crashes in the last 48hr sample. Seems it was just having a good day when I initially turned off any OC.
The point that gets me: Why did reinstalling the game allow me to play for a few days without crashing? As now it feels like the crashes are becoming more frequent again.

Edit:

Just had another Blops crash. I noticed that another error has been appearing when the game crashes or closes to desktop. Event viewer is showing: disk 2 has been surprise removed. I don't have a disk 2.
I also noticed that this error may also causes the game to stutter for a second, i'm guessing it's these moments when it decides to crash or not.

Update: Looking like it was my ram. I completely overlooked turning off XMP. I set 3200cl14 and I haven't had any gpu driver crashes or screen going black in Black Ops 4 for a week.

Hotfix! Hotfix! :D

GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 445.98

GeForce Hotfix display driver version 445.98 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 445.87.

This Hotfix driver resolves the following issues:
  • Notebooks with Maxwell generation GPUs may experience higher GPU utilization during game play leading to reduced battery life and higher temperature
  • Fixed an issue where the shader cache was sometimes incorrectly purged on app launch
  • Some games may appear very bright when HDR is enabled
  • [F1 2019]: Game may randomly crash to desktop
  • [Overwatch]: Improves game stability
  • Fixes driver installation issue on Colorful GeForce GTX 1650

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5022/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-445.98

NVIDIA Vulkan Developer Beta Driver 442.98 working great here still, think I'll stay on them now until the official DX12 Ultimate drivers are out with the May windows 10 update

NVIDIA Vulkan Developer Beta Driver 443.09

New:
VK_EXT_custom_border_color
VK_EXT_private_data
VK_EXT_robustness2

Fixes:
Fixed a visual glitch with Vulkan applications when falling out of flipping on certain desktops such as GNOME [Linux]

Vulkan 1.2 Developer Beta Driver Downloads

Vulkan 1.2 support is available in Windows driver version 443.09 and Linux driver version 440.66.12. These drivers also contain other new features, performance enhancements and bug fixes for Vulkan developers and enthusiasts.

Download for Windows 10 (64-bit)
Download for Windows 8 and 7 (64-bit)

The previous drivers have been spot on for me, great in Modern Warfare Warzone! - Available for RTX too, with Raytracing :)

Downloads and Release notes get from them here: https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

NVIDIA Vulkan Developer Beta Driver 443.15

Vulkan 1.2 support is available in Windows driver version 443.15

These drivers also contain other new features, performance enhancements and bug fixes for Vulkan developers and enthusiasts.

Windows 443.15

NVIDIA provides full Vulkan 1.2 support and functionality on NVIDIA GeForce and Quadro graphics card with one of the following - Turing, Volta, Pascal, Maxwell (first and second generation) and Kepler based GPUs:

Its supposedly coming with Ampere.

MISdUnixXZuZj17U.jpg

https://www.techpowerup.com/266959/...-ga102-ampere-specs-other-juicy-bits-revealed

No more login should make a lot happy though :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom