• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
Sadly I cannot go back that far. TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2 is known to crash on first launch on quite old drivers. NVIDIA fixed it on the 49x.xx series.

Should be ok on those as well, dwm.exe polling spam seems to be just the 5x drivers, unless you can do a quick test? :D

Associate
Am also getting the spam, but are we just assuming it's an nvidia issue? Could it be tied up to a Windows update also? I can't say I have notice any loss of performance, Running on W11 and have been actively recording with OBS haven't noticed any drop in performance, touch wood. Would be good if Manual G can comment.

Soldato
Moved to the 472.84 studio drivers, I think from now on will only be using studio drivers as they get more quality assurance.

There is 5xx version of studio drivers as well for those who want newer stuff.

Associate
Moved to the 472.84 studio drivers, I think from now on will only be using studio drivers as they get more quality assurance.

There is 5xx version of studio drivers as well for those who want newer stuff.

Studio drivers suffer from this issue as well, its what I used for stability reasons and I believe they were 511 drivers from early jan

Permabanned
I am getting completely random blank screens, I have ordered some chokes to apply to my DP cables and other cables around the monitor / PC to bring down EMI interference.
Will go from there.

I noticed that if I enable DLDSR or DSR it worsens this by a lot.

I am pushing 2560x1440 at 170hz, this is far more throughput than 4K alone so... but the DP cable is what came with my monitor.

It seems to be the monitor just losing signal, that or something else and there is no known fix.

I swear I am sick of newer GPU's TBH as they all seem to have some version of this problem, the 5700-XT was by far the worst for it though.

Also why can't we find HDMI / DP cables with chokes fitted easily? (Amazon)
I would advise people to never buy cables without them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noise-Suppressor-Black-Ferrite-Filter/dp/B085T2P89M/ref=sr_1_5?crid=112FTFHRG05JV&keywords=emi+chokes&qid=1644728192&sprefix=emi+chokes,aps,51&sr=8-5

I have pinned it down to EMI as the PC never crashes nor does the GPU even with overclocks.

The 5700-XT was a whole other ball game which would crash the entire PC and never recover.

I have purchased this VESA certified DP cable and have some noise suppressors on their way too.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/KabelDirek...splayport+2.0+cable,industrial,75&sr=1-6&th=1
I will update the thread with how it went.

Last edited:
Associate
I was getting random black screens as well, sometimes consecutive ones and sometimes the monitor wouldnt come on unless I fiddled with dp wire with the one that come with the monitor but after using one I purchased elsewhere this issue seems to have gone.

Windows 10 kept saying new gsync monitor detected as well when this happened despite being the same monitor lol.

Caporegime
NVIDIA GeForce 511.79 WHQL driver

Game Ready
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Elden Ring, GRID Legends, Total War: Warhammer III, and Martha is Dead featuring NVIDIA DLSS. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest updates including Destiny 2: The Witch Queen and the introduction of NVIDIA Reflex in iRacing.

Fixed Issues in Version 511.79
[Call of Duty: Vanguard][Assassins Creed Valhalla]: The games may display random corruption or white/black screen. [3503111/3525655]
[Battlefield 2042]: The game may display color flashes on the screen. [3503086]
[Corel Paint Shop Pro XI]: The application cannot be launched. [3510891]
[G-SYNC]: After disabling G-SYNC on G-SYNC Compatible monitor and TV, G-SYNC cannot be re-enabled through the NVIDIA Control Panel. [3523157]
Digital Vibrance is reset when monitor goes to sleep. [3519430

Open Issues in Version 511.79
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
[Grid Legends][GeForce RTX 3-series]: Background artifacts flicker. [3524560]
[NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]
[NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][Ampere] Putting notebook to sleep by closing the lid and then waking up the notebook may cause Windows to reboot when in dGPU mode. [3444252]
[NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
The native resolution for a DVI or HDMI display may not be available from the display settings if the display contains an invalid EDID. [3502752]

Download:
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-511-79-whql-driver-download.html

( DWM.EXE POLLING SPAM NOT FIXED! )

Man of Honour
Does seem consistent but I'm seeing a black screen and then freezing in COD: Warzone; when I check event viewer I get "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" - I'm on the latest drivers; I already did a DDU and re-installed.
Is there anything else I can try?

Back
Top Bottom