• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

The OP has not contained any new information since the other week's hype IMO. All it stinks of is performance that 'could' have been there all along not being tapped into through better driver optimisation.

Certainly a case of "damp squib", would love it to actually be as sensational as those making it out to be though. Performance increase is welcome in any shape or form.

I think most on here including myself are just happy to be getting some free performance boosting driver, how much more performance is yet to be seen, does make me wonder though why this extra performance wasn't tapped into before now? just another card up their sleeves makes sense though even if it is at the expense to the consumer. Personally I wont be dwelling on it.

Last edited:
f8e405263109b1de6dd2f4db7233c93b.jpg

Check out the improvements with the new drivers. Can't wait for these to hit :D

Yep, it was defo W7

According to this Tiled Resources is a Win 8.1 feature.

DX Tiled resources might be an 8.1 feature but if nVidia intercepts DX calls and implements their own version of their calls they could be implementing tiled resources at driver level regardless of what DX/OS is in use.

While they may be making use of tiled resources to some extent to get these speed ups it won't be purely down to that or even largely down to that (same with Mantle the speed gains there aren't purely about tiled resources).

I suspect that the biggest improvements will be specific titles - while the original presentation showed replacements for several DX functions not every DX11 game will make use of those functions or be bottlenecked by them whereas others might be and in some cases they can get speed gains by customising a version of that function for a specific application due to having intimate knowledge of how their GPUs work, not needing to support other GPUs and knowing how the game is working through either driver debugging or developer relations.

I don't think you can really implement tiled resources without making substantially heavy changes to the game code. As essentially tiled resources allows for much more efficient texture draw within the game environment. Not something that's really possible at driver level.

Basically what I'm saying albeit softly is it's a void discussion :p

I guess it depends on how long nVidia have had the DX code and they will know what their hardware is capable of and I see no reason why they can't implement 'Tiled resources' (Awesome if they have). Not long to go though and I look forward to doing some benching with these new ones for comparison.

They can't implement it because it's something that developers will have to incorporate when using the DX SDK. I don't think it has anything to do with these drivers. Unless of course developers have put the time aside to release updates for certain titles to coincide with the release of the drivers. Which would be lovely however unlikely :D

Less excitingly I think a large part of the reason it's been developed is to help developers utilise the XBOX1s ESRAM better, as it's already too small a buffer to render games at 1080p not even a year in to its launch. Hopefully we will see some nice improvement from it also. Especially for cards with lesser VRAM available.

Last edited:
My understanding is that Tiled Resources are the hardware-accelerated version of tiling, which is an improved method of texture streaming. I may be off a bit, but after watching this clicky, I got:

Texture streaming = load entire surfaces into VRAM when you get close to them / they're in view, if you've got a slower system you get texture pop-in (think Unreal Engine)

Software tiling = texture is broken up into tiles, and only the nearest tiles are loaded in high detail

Tiled Resources = hardware-accelerated version of above

Devs need to work tiled resources into their engines/games, as Frosty said.

I don't think you can really implement tiled resources without making substantially heavy changes to the game code. As essentially tiled resources allows for much more efficient texture draw within the game environment. Not something that's really possible at driver level.

Basically what I'm saying albeit softly is it's a void discussion :p

If your talking literally as is DX tiled resources yes but tiled resources isn't just a DX thing its a way of handling data that conceptually can be applied in many different ways.

(Granted in most cases its only really efficent/practical if done by the game developer)

Note it's not out yet but:

What’s New in Version 337.50

Performance
Introduces key DirectX optimizations which result in reduced game-loading times and significant performance increases across a wide variety of games. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are some examples of measured gains versus the previous 335.23 WHQL driver:

GeForce GTX 700 Series (Single GPU):
Up to 64% in Total War: Rome II
Up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Up to 23% in Sleeping Dogs
Up to 21% in Star Swarm
Up to 15% in Batman: Arkham Origins
Up to 10% in Metro: Last Light
Up to 8% in Hitman Absolution
Up to 7% in Sniper Elite V2
Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
Up to 6% in F1 2013
GeForce GTX 700 Series (SLI):
Up to 71% in Total War: Rome II
Up to 53% in Sniper Elite V2
Up to 45% in Aliens vs. Predator
Up to 31% in Sleeping Dogs
Up to 20% in CoD: Black Ops 2
Up to 10% in Hitman Absolution
Up to 9% in F1 2013
Up to 7% in Far Cry 3
Up to 6% in Metro: Last Light
Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham Origins

SLI Technology:
Total War: Rome II – added profile
War Thunder – added profile
Watch Dogs – updated profile
Diablo III – updated profile

Gaming Technology
Supports GeForce ShadowPlay™ technology
Supports GeForce ShadowPlay™ Twitch Streaming
SHIELD
Supports NVIDIA GameStream™ technology
3D Vision
Supports new “3D Compatibility Mode” for 3D Vision that enables us to improve the 3D experience for many key DirectX 10 and 11 games

3D Vision Profiles
Path of Exile – rated “Good”
KickBeat – rating now “Excellent”
3D Compatibility Mode Profiles
Assassin’s Creed Liberation – previously “Not Recommended”, now rated as “Excellent”
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army – previously “Good”, now rated as “Excellent”
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 – previously “Good”, now rated as “Excellent
Strike Suit Zero – previously “Not Recommended”, now rated as “Good”
Watchdogs – rated as “Good”

Desktop/Notebook:

Nvidia 337.50 Desktop/Notebook Driver Release Date Mon Apr 07, 2014
Nvidia 337.50 Desktop/Notebook Lite Driver Release Date Mon Apr 07, 2014

Release Notes:
RN v337.50

Additional Details:
Installs new PhysX System Software
Installs HD Audio
Installs GeForce Experience

DriverVer:
Driver 337.50 is
Driver 335.23 is r334_89-21, DriverVer = 03/04/2014, 9.18.13.3523
Driver 334.95 is r334_89-2, DriverVer = 02/13/2014, 9.18.13.3495
Driver 334.89 is r334_00-150, DriverVer = 02/08/2014, 9.18.13.3489
Driver 334.67 is r334_00-113, DriverVer = 01/15/2014, 9.18.13.3467
Driver 332.21 is r331_82-6, DriverVer = 12/19/2013, 9.18.13.3221

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=388074

Discuss? :D

Last edited:
Interesting that there's not really any up to date games in there. Still some nice boosts in there but as always you have to take it with a pinch of salt as it's up to not you will get. Star swarm demo at 21% is pretty decent.

Disclaimer when i say up to date i mean in the last 4-6 months. I know a few are still relevant.

Have Nvidia already brought these improvements to games like BF4 and thief among others.

I remember when amd brought out there wonder driver people were saying who needs extra frames in these games and for the majority it's the same here.

If any game needed a boost it was this.

Total war looks like the highlight if people get those types of gains.

Up to 6% changes nothing tbh especially if it's your usual 2% and only 6 % on certain systems or settings. I was dubious about amd's claims and when it came through was surprised. With this i am thinking similar but i doubt the gains will be anywhere near as good.

Last edited:
NVIDIA’s GeForce 337.50 ‘Wonder Driver’ to be released on April 7th

As you know, normally we don’t make posts about the drivers. However sometimes there are drivers that provide significant improvement over previous version, for instance, first AMD driver to support Mantle.

NVIDIA will release its GeForce 337.50 driver, which introduces some major changes, on April 7th.

GeForce GTX 700 Series (Single GPU):

Up to 64% in Total War: Rome II
Up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Up to 23% in Sleeping Dogs
Up to 21% in Star Swarm
Up to 15% in Batman: Arkham Origins
Up to 10% in Metro: Last Light
Up to 8% in Hitman Absolution
Up to 7% in Sniper Elite V2
Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
Up to 6% in F1 2013

GeForce GTX 700 Series (SLI):

Up to 71% in Total War: Rome II
Up to 53% in Sniper Elite V2
Up to 45% in Aliens vs. Predator
Up to 31% in Sleeping Dogs
Up to 20% in CoD: Black Ops 2
Up to 10% in Hitman Absolution
Up to 9% in F1 2013
Up to 7% in Far Cry 3
Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham Origins

http://videocardz.com/50176/nvidias-geforce-337-50-wonder-driver-released-april-7th
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=388074
http://www.game-debate.com/blog/ind...maleficarus&blog=NVIDIA 337.50 driver details!

Back
Top Bottom