• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
I have made the switch from AMD to Nvidia when I picked up a 3080 FE a couple of months bad and I'm surprised to see drivers as much as an issue as with AMD. I do find it weird how much stick AMD got for it while Nvidia get very little.

I'm just sticking with the drivers that work for me and the games I'm playing currently which appear to be 460.89 (all newer ones caused issues) and won't bother updating them until I start playing a new game that doesn't work with them. I did exactly the same with AMD drivers and just used 20.4.2 AMD drivers for 4 months without a single issue. Newer drivers just seem to break stuff that used to be working in the effort to fix other issues and that seems the case for both AMD and Nvidia

Associate
There are just so many combinations of OS versions/updates, Motherboards, RAM, Processors, Other Drivers (chipset/audio etc) so many variables that can cause issues.

Must be a nightmare creating/testing these drivers as they would only be able test certain combinations of hardware/software.

Soldato
I have made the switch from AMD to Nvidia when I picked up a 3080 FE a couple of months bad and I'm surprised to see drivers as much as an issue as with AMD. I do find it weird how much stick AMD got for it while Nvidia get very little.

I'm just sticking with the drivers that work for me and the games I'm playing currently which appear to be 460.89 (all newer ones caused issues) and won't bother updating them until I start playing a new game that doesn't work with them. I did exactly the same with AMD drivers and just used 20.4.2 AMD drivers for 4 months without a single issue. Newer drivers just seem to break stuff that used to be working in the effort to fix other issues and that seems the case for both AMD and Nvidia

Best way. 445.87 I used with my 2080Ti all the time. Unfortunately that driver is not supported on 3080 so 460.89 it is for me. It seems the most stable at the moment

Caporegime

Yeah, it is weird isn't it? Don't criticize the firm man.

Caporegime
Tried these, 2 things

1 - DCH drivers
2 - Got an Out Of Range Error on my monitor playing COD - loaded the game - screen went black - had to hard restart. Uninstalled I'm afraid. Titan Pascal

Worked fine on the 980 GTX, but don't work on the RTX so I've had to uninstall and try again :(

Caporegime

comical-ali.jpg

'Nvidias drivers don't have any problems, they just work'

:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Only the officials I'm afraid
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-460-89-whql-driver-download.html

I can't use the clean ones as it breaks Geforce Experience Game Sharpening :)

I can't find the 460.89 clean ones on guru, only 460.79, anyone fancy have a copy and fancy wetransfering them to my trust? Pretty please??

Download this and do your own. You can even stick in Geforce Experience.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-nvcleanstall/

Back
Top Bottom