• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
GeForce Hotfix Driver 471.22

The hotfix addresses the following issue:

Doom Eternal may crash to desktop during gameplay [3331270]
League of Legends [Tencent] may fail to launch [200744747]
Mouse cursor color may shift when connected to certain DSC monitors in HDR mode [200741796]
[HDMI 2.1][8K] HDMI audio playback may become distorted after changing display modes [3268312]
Some displays screen resolution limited to 640x480 after driver update [3330750]

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5212

Caporegime
I must be one of the lucky ones, not had any issues with nvidia drivers since moving to a 3080 in Jan with all the drivers. Was expecting the worst going by these forums but pleasantly surprised!

Also been playing doom eternal and no crashes.

Although I do use nvclean install i.e. no geforce experience etc.

Caporegime
UPDATE NEW DLSS available, Sharper images, less blur and streaks etc ( Two versions to test )
NVIDIA-DLSS-2-2-9-0-comparison.jpg

Attached newest DLSS v2.2.9.0 version from Unreal Engine game.
https://mega.nz/file/ustEGYxR#U2BqdcX_BqhiRrqIiUP2evfx3UdQZXt-3YkQLqlMm4w

Attached newest DLSS v2.2.10.0 version from RUST game.
https://mega.nz/file/u50gxSDK#xXoJnU6i7UaFdEj7XYN43ZDqot6bMx-oKIbIO7E_c2Q

Password :
cs.rin.ru

Soldato
Interesting that some of you mention crashes with he latest drivers. I been gaming fine for about a month on my current set up and had my first crash to desktop in Valhalla. I put it down to needing more SOC voltage.

Now I'm not so sure.

Permabanned
ok here's a a weird experience

somehow, i ended up with a really, really long file name/location on my desktop

today, i moved that folder to another folder

suddenly, nv control panel started crashing (managed 3d settings>programs)

it took a while to understand that the folder was the culprit. i tried cleaning up drivers and reinstalling several times, even rerolling to previous drivers with no results

if your managed 3d settings>programs tab is crashing... check your desktop lol..

problem was that the file with the long name was in another folder, and that folder was in another folder, so thats 3 folders. i never realized it was that long. it was actually a powerpoint presentation we exported from canva.com a long time ago and apparently the file name got too long for some reason

glad i solved it, but it really disrupted my morning!!

--

i can also replicate the issue.

funny thing is, sometimes windows stops you and says "hey! this path is so long!! shorthen the file name!" (if you directly try to copy the said folder)

then i reproduced the same bug/problem in other ways and it didn't stop me this time. and voila: nv panel crashes again

Man of Honour
Long file name issues can cause all kinds of problems - I even remember one occasion having to work out how to solve it via low level disk access tools :( that was not fun - even stuff like booting into a command prompt and using built in Windows commands wouldn't solve it.

Associate
Anyone had any resume from sleep issues with 3090’s or in general 30xx?

After looking at chip , motherboard and other issues. The most results I can find on google for similar issues are 30xx and resume from sleep, some saying older drivers fixed it or others telling them it’ll be their other hardware.

If I put my 1080ti back in, I didn’t have a crash in 3 days. Within 1 of been back on the 3090.

In short, everything works great just my pc seems to lock up after its idle for awhile but only after I wake it up. This is even with sleep for disabled.

Associate
I had bought an 1080 TI Aorus Xtreme GPU in Polish shop (may 2017) for 650 GBP. Since day 1, Display Ports are not working, so I am using HDMI 1 to make it work - display anything.
But to the point... on SOME drivers, after update, I have an PERFECT B&W noise and I need to turn on/off the monitor or remove and connect again the HDMI to make it work again. I can play on 4K, I can stress test and it works fine. It's just sometimes, after drivers update this B&W noise (no artifacts) like no signal and sometimes is few months without it, when I don't update the drivers... ;)

Associate
I had bought an 1080 TI Aorus Xtreme GPU in Polish shop (may 2017) for 650 GBP. Since day 1, Display Ports are not working, so I am using HDMI 1 to make it work - display anything.
But to the point... on SOME drivers, after update, I have an PERFECT B&W noise and I need to turn on/off the monitor or remove and connect again the HDMI to make it work again. I can play on 4K, I can stress test and it works fine. It's just sometimes, after drivers update this B&W noise (no artifacts) like no signal and sometimes is few months without it, when I don't update the drivers... ;)

that sounds more like it’s been flashed with a different vbios. Worth checking what it says it’s running.

Permabanned
A little late, but 471.41 are out.

Game Ready for Red Dead Redemption 2
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the latest new titles and updates, including the latest game updates for Red Dead Redemption 2 and Chernobylite which introduce NVIDIA DLSS technology.

Associate

I might be barking up the wrong tree as these are old fixes but when i updated my pc the display ports stopped working on my asus strix 1080ti i applied this fix and it sorted the issue.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/

Cheers

Caporegime
I will test this release today but in beta testing version the MPO 8bit latency issue was fixed with no need to disable MPO with registry key anymore.
Unless this is a different branch or changes reverted.
I'll be back with confirmation.

We are making further improvements to this fix. The current driver doesn't have the changes. Hopefully we will have the fix in the next driver release.

Looks like there's some latency issues in the drivers that Nvidia are working on

Back
Top Bottom