The OA [Netflix]

Soldato
Finished last night.

Overall a good series, enjoyed it. Acting was great(both Marling and main troubled lad were excellent) which was refreshing after having just endured The Expanse.

The spiritual dancing and angels stuff was a bit cringe, if it had ended up with some flowery spiritual ending with her being revealed as a real angel it would have sucked.

As it was the whole angel business ending up as the product of a mentally damaged captives mind worked.

Would have been nice to see some closure of the Hap storyline, did he get busted?

Soldato
Just finished it after only hearing about it via this thread.

I quite liked it! It was drawn out at times and I found myself browsing the 'net which is something I never really do whilst watching a series so I think I may have missed a few little bits but I followed most of it.

Very different to most TV shows out there and it's an interesting topic so I give them credit for that. It was pretty well scripted/acted :)

The dancing stuff was them channeling their energies/focusing their attention. I didn't really find it weird.

Last edited:
Soldato
I loved it. One of the few shows I've binged til the early hours to see it to the end. Brit Marling is such a talent. Great cast of character too.

The 5 movements were a little odd, but I guess seeing something like that would be.

Soldato
I thought the ending was perfect apart from:

The very end bit where you saw OA in the white room and she shouted "Homer". That moment pointed to the story being true. But up to that point you were totally 50/50 was it real or not.

The whole thing was really about the power of stories and belief. The whole show gave you the same experience as the five. The genius was that whether the movements had any effect other than to confuse the gunman or not was unprovable.

What was clear was that AO had changed these peoples lives because they were willing to believe in the unbelievable.

Just like Stranger Things I feel a second series will only undo all of the good work and ambiguity.

Don
liked it but I created at least five alternative endings which my GF found very annoying (as she was crying at the final dance bit!), second series would ruin the 'magic' this one created although a few aspects need some closure. 7/10

Associate
Just finished the binge of this. It's... ummm... yeeeeah. I was really interested to see which direction it went and then it went a bit downhill in my opinion. I do enjoy watching Jason Isaacs; there's a show with him in called 'Awake' which was a great little show.

Associate
Holy thread etc etc,

Just finished watching the entire part 1, bit late I know. Absolutely loved it, this sort of show is what I love to watch.

I agree with the other and I'm not sure part 2 is needed but would still watch it. I read that a 5 season pitch was what Netflix signed up for so still more questions to be asked I think.

Associate
I was thinking about this the other day :) Season One was really good up until the ending. It was pointless and felt really out of place, like they didn't really know how to finish the series. Was hoping they would redeem themselves with season two. Based on the trailer it doesn't look promising :(

Caporegime
I was thinking about this the other day :) Season One was really good up until the ending. It was pointless and felt really out of place, like they didn't really know how to finish the series. Was hoping they would redeem themselves with season two. Based on the trailer it doesn't look promising :(
On the contrary (imo) unlike the first one this looks to have a story with proper depth, and if anything makes the ending of the last one actually mean something an takes away any guessing as to if the were all crazy or not

I'm looking forward to it! :)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Nice series, ill watch season 2 but at same time if I forgot it I wouldn't notice. Its got potential but felt it lost its track towards the end and we have such great
high quality series as it is.

Back
Top Bottom