The OA [Netflix]

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Finished season 2 on Saturday. Very enjoyable, very trippy and much confusion. That ending though! Roll on season 3.

traveled to the dimension / set of Netflix’s the OA into their IRL bodies... what!!

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Season 2 is decent but I found it a bit confusing with having so many groups of people, too many dates, names and faces to remember for me but I did enjoy the overall plot and story of everything. Season 1 was simple and easy going to digest and only 2 groups of people.

It does feel a bit like Sense8 also....

Soldato
Season 1 was far better i think. Parts of s2 were fantastic and kept me gripped, but it got a little to weird and 'out there' for me. Lacked the grounding s1 had. Still enjoyed it and hope it's not another 2 years for s3.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Season 1 was far better i think. Parts of s2 were fantastic and kept me gripped, but it got a little to weird and 'out there' for me. Lacked the grounding s1 had. Still enjoyed it and hope it's not another 2 years for s3.

You mean you didn't enjoy the Japanese telepathic octopus with a fetish for groping and strangulation?

Caporegime
Just finished Episode 2 and I am quite frankly annoyed that Prairi seems to be so daft. Surely she must realise that now she has "jumped" into her other self and is a women of wealth and power, to get out of the nuthouse is pretend to be sane and the other person for a short while? I think faced with the realization that I was going to be committed and drugged I would be figuring that out pretty damn quickly. I guess it's a bit frustrating that the new season is also starting with her once more immediately under the thumb and control of Mr. Psycho after already going through a full season of that.

Anway, good cast, good acting and a very interesting story despite that and I am looking forward to seeing it develop. :)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Did it really take 2 years for season 2 ?

Bit too long, anyhow were spoilt with TV choice and plenty to keep us occupied till then.

Soldato
Anyone get this with certain Netflix shows. This one is the worst so far, must be something to do with HDR, I don't know but probably 50‰ of the show was in perpetual darkness. Could barely make out a silhouette.

Soldato
Anyone get this with certain Netflix shows. This one is the worst so far, must be something to do with HDR, I don't know but probably 50‰ of the show was in perpetual darkness. Could barely make out a silhouette.

We are on the last two episodes of season 2 and that is a problem for us, how dark some of the scenes are.
I had put that down to Dolby Vision and the way that either how Sony has implemented it on our TV (the Oreo update is supposed to improve DV in Netflix, and we have updated ours to Oreo) or it is intended to be that way .?
As our TV goes to 100% brightness when it picks up DV encoded material there isn't much we can do. Changing the black levels helped a bit. It does recognise OA is in DV.
Some DV stuff, like Star Trek or that David Attenborough series, is really bright and vivid.
Yet others like OA, is quite dark and subdued.
Don't tend to have that problem with HDR, non DV, stuff tho.

Associate
Just read the unfortunate news (via BBC) that Netflix has cancelled the show. Hoping another network picks this up, but not sure that's likely.

Soldato
I really tried to like this show but I couldn't get away with it.

I found the cast as a whole unlikable and their characters painfully naive, bordering on outright stupid at times. Then you've the awkward interpretive dance that I found painful to watch, especially when used at the end of season 1. I generally love weird sci-fi and fantasy and I'm pretty open to new things, but the OA was a huge miss for me, it just came across as pretentious.

Soldato
Yes it's a shame as I really like The OA.

I do wonder if the TV networks, and the likes of Netflix, have gotten themselves into a catch 22 situation. They cancel shows after 1 or 2 seasons as they don't have the viewers and the viewers are not watching as they don't want to invest time into a show that will probably get cancelled with no satisfactory conclusion. I have a mate who has said that that's the reason he doesn't watch a lot of programs whilst they're on, he'll wait and see if they get a proper ending so nothing is left open.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yes it's a shame as I really like The OA.

I do wonder if the TV networks, and the likes of Netflix, have gotten themselves into a catch 22 situation. They cancel shows after 1 or 2 seasons as they don't have the viewers and the viewers are not watching as they don't want to invest time into a show that will probably get cancelled with no satisfactory conclusion. I have a mate who has said that that's the reason he doesn't watch a lot of programs whilst they're on, he'll wait and see if they get a proper ending so nothing is left open.

Could be that, or it could be that people have a lot of choice these days so don't necessarily watch things as they air. It's not like the old days where you'd have to sit down and watch a show as it aired otherwise it was difficult to watch it at a later date.

Soldato
Absolutely gutted it has been cancelled - got everything crossed they might find another network. The breaking of the 4th wall, season 2 finale......wowsers.

Back
Top Bottom