The OCUK Liverpool Meet 18th February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Right then who is up for a city meet in Liverpool?

The plan is to do it in the February half term (I’m a teacher, difficult to organise any other time) it should be Saturday 18th February 2006.

You may be wondering why I am posting this already. The answer is that I did have this planned for October half term but the hotels are already fully booked – Unless you want to pay around £110 per room!
One hotel, the Premier Lodge in the Albert Dock, is already fully booked for the 18th and I don’t want the same happening to the others.

The plan:
Check in for hotels is around 2pm so I thought we would meet for late lunch at 3pm (Daz will waste away if we don’t). We will float around the hotels depending on where you decide to stay. (Maps will be provided)

Food (lunch) – Still trying to find somewhere suitable for this, Davey says Burger King I say we need more variety for people ;)

Pool – Place called the OneFour (see map) used to be naff now much better
The plan for here is to get there at 4:30pm
Each table will have four people
(Yes there will be medals for the winner on each table)
There are up to 12 tables available at 80p per game. I will book them when I start to get better numbers in – to sign up to a table see pool guide

Evening meal – (http://www.caesarspalace.co.uk/menu_page.htm)
Now then this is where I need you to decide what you’d like to do. Do you:
a) Want to go get changed, meet back up for food then restaurant
b) Go for the meal, go back to hotels, then meet up for club?

We will then go to a place called Bar Med. It plays 70/80's and more modern tunes plus DJ tasks requests.
Dress code isn't too strict no tracksuits but jeans and trainers are fine.
I have booked the party area in the club for us and there is no charge for this or entry :)
http://www.bar-med.com/yourbar/liverpoolmain.htm

On Sunday we will be going bowling at Hollywood bowl on Edge Lane. Most people will pass this on the way to the M62. We will book for about 12pm plus we can grab some lunch as there is a few places including a F&B's.

Saturday Attendees
Definite
LynnieLeigh and Davey_Pitch
Matblack and Wild Lotus
Priest and Mrs Priest
Gilly
Von Smallhausen
Haly
Rich_L
Otacon & Amy?
cyKey
Gummi Bear (AKA Hardhuddy)
Freefaller & Roz?
Nige
Pigmo
JenJey
Doohickey
burbleflop
Phillip (AKA OvertoneBliss)
Dangerous
Bigstan
Exorcist
MasterMike
Worthy
Berserker
JodieG & CliffyG
J00ni
Robert
Rotty & t'other arf ;)
DRZ (pool and food only)

Interested
LeperousDust
FrontSideBus
Creature
wijcc
Smileyman
quackers
Tigball
Zirax
BIGWEB
Takhisis & Jhadur
Kiwi

Interested in Bowling on Sunday:
LynnieLeigh & Davey_Pitch
Gilly
Freefaller
Daz
Piggy
Desmo
Haly/Jen
Burbleflop
Rotty & Mrs Rotty
Jenjey
Matblack & Wild Lotus
Mr Huddy
Berserker

Hotels:
http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti...FA9731F9F38BBBB65073DA966B12080?hotelId=24092
(there is a £6 charge for parking)

http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=23829 (parking is free here). This one is 15 minute walk from my house but I live a 20 minute drive, taxi, bus from City Centre so it would mean paying for taxis (around £7-8)

Hanover Hotel
62, Hanover Street,
Liverpool
L1 4AF
Tel: 0151 709 6223
Booking line: 0845 45 66 399
Website: www.activehotels.com/servlet/xmlbro...bid=&numrooms=1&numnights=1&language=en&mode=

Ibis Hotel Liverpool
27 Wapping,
Liverpool,
L1 8LY
Tel: 0151 706 9800

Formule 1 Hotel
25 Wapping,
Liverpool,
L1 8LY

There are lots of other hotels in Liverpool including:
But they are a bit expensive in my opinion.

Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre
1, Queen Square,
Liverpool,
L1 1RH
Tel: 0870 4007268

Gladstone Hotel
Lord Nelson St,
Liverpool,
L3 5QB
Tel: 0151 709 7050

Britannia Adelphi Hotel
Ranelagh Place,
Liverpool,
L3 5UL
Tel: 0151 709 7200

The Sir Thomas Hotel
24 Sir Thomas Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 6JB
Tel : 0845 45 66 399
http://www.activehotels.com/servlet...L&subid=&numrooms=&numnights=&language=&mode=

Express By Holiday Inn
Liverpool Albert dock
Britannia pavilion, Albert dock
Liverpool, L3 4AD
Tel: 0151-7091133
Fax: 0151-7091144
Email: [email protected]

Holiday Inn
Liverpool City Centre
Lime Street
Liverpool, L1 1NQ
Tel: 0151-7097090
Fax: 0151-7090137
Email: [email protected]

Associate
OP
Matblack said:
Lynne, you suggested one of these hotels to H and I on Saturday but I really can remember which on it was

catch me on msn hun x

Jenjey said:
Hopefully I'll have no exams or whatnot

It is half term for schools depending on your uni timetable you might be off :D

FrontSideBus said:
My Bro Works at the Italian Kitchen so Im sure I could see if hell get us discount.

We could go there for lunch but I was thinking more along the lines of grabbing a pub lunch (eveing meal is sorted hun)

Do you know if they sell English food? (e.g. burgers) Davey is fussy ;)

Associate
OP
For convenience of the meet hotels in the city centre are better. However there are plenty of hotels in Liverpool but not in the city centre that would be a cheaper taxi ride than to the Wirral, but we can sort that if the cheaper hotels get fully booked.

Associate
OP
I'm sure the Krazyhouse has seating aroung the edges, they did last time I was there but I'm going again soon I will check and let you know :)

EDIT: In fact I'm certain I fell asleep on them (they are like benches right the way around the club) Again I will check they haven't changed layout

Associate
OP
Gilly said:
I always get 'sozzled' at meets...
Thats bad. No ventilation sucks.

Its not that bad if I can stand it you can ;)

Freefaller said:
If I come will you give me my "special" room? :D
I know you'd miss me if I didn't turn up too... and it wouldn't be the same without me either! :p

Yes your special room is available to share with Roz if she would like to attend. catch you on msn :)

Associate
OP
Oh a quick warning to ladies attending the meet. At Piggy’s do I did notice a few lasses leaving there bags about, I did too but I never take my eye off it.

Unfortunately some Liverpudlians live up to the reputation as thieving scum so please keep valuables with you or make sure you leave them with someone who won’t leave them :)

Associate
OP
Haly said:
Having had my phone stolen (although pickpocketed admittedly) last year when I was out one night I'm pretty paranoid about leaving anything anywhere so no fear there :)

My sister is always leaving her stuff around so I pick it up stick it the back pocket of my jeans and then she has a fit when she thinks its been knicked! I've been doing this for about 13 years ans she still hasn't clicked. When I wasn't out with her she had her camera stolen :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
Jenjey said:
Lynnie, what are we talking for dress code for girls?
Theonefour is going to want dressyish, whereas you can get away with indie gear in the krazyhouse. If we wear jeans, we will die in the krazyhouse, but skirt, heels and dressy tops may be too much?
Themed? :p

We aren't going to the Onefour at night chick. It's pool there in the day, its completely different on a Saturday afternoon to a Saturday night. Then food and Krazyhouse. I will be in Jeans and trainers for pool and then nicer jeans and trainers for meal and club :) can't do four inch heels anymore ;)

Associate
OP
Gilly said:
Oh great. Why we going to a place that plays that rubbish? :(
Can do when I get home. Can't from work.

If you add me (details in FAQ) we can chat when I turn on at home :)

Look at the link for Krazyhouse for list of music there are some good tunes promise :)

Added x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom