Poll: *** The official 2021 iPad Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

The new M1 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Managed to get the iPad bargain of the century, I was in CEX looking for Switch games when I noticed they had a top end M1 (12.9, 2TB, 5G) iPad sitting for £1200 which I thought must be wrong seen as its almost £2200 brand new from Apple.

Had a look at it and I don’t think it had ever been used so picked it up; when I powered it on and I checked the warranty status etc it had only been initially activated a couple of days earlier (Jan 15th 2022) ; so not only do I still have almost a year of warranty I can even add on AppleCare to it; bloody bargain! (Not that I’d have paid the £2200 new it has to be said) - £230 for a similarly unused Magic Keyboard was even better; I did have an eye on the new Galaxy Tab S8+ but for this price I don’t think I could have get anything better!

Soldato
I think after the big Apple event stating that macOS would not be coming to iPad M1 a lot of people traded in or sold the bigger storage iPads. Especially as having 16gb ram does not do much as the apps are limited by iOS or something like that I think.

Man of Honour
I think after the big Apple event stating that macOS would not be coming to iPad M1 a lot of people traded in or sold the bigger storage iPads. Especially as having 16gb ram does not do much as the apps are limited by iOS or something like that I think.

Yeah maybe; I wouldn’t have gone for 2TB (heck even in a laptop) but they sell the 1TB for £1100 (and didn’t have it) £100 extra for double storage is an easy buy.
I’m not expecting a huge upgrade this year given we already got the M1 chip, more RAM and screen last year.

@chrismscotland Is it the cellular version?

Yeah it’s the 5G version, I’ve got a SIM in it

Soldato
Managed to get the iPad bargain of the century, I was in CEX looking for Switch games when I noticed they had a top end M1 (12.9, 2TB, 5G) iPad sitting for £1200 which I thought must be wrong seen as its almost £2200 brand new from Apple.

Had a look at it and I don’t think it had ever been used so picked it up; when I powered it on and I checked the warranty status etc it had only been initially activated a couple of days earlier (Jan 15th 2022) ; so not only do I still have almost a year of warranty I can even add on AppleCare to it; bloody bargain! (Not that I’d have paid the £2200 new it has to be said) - £230 for a similarly unused Magic Keyboard was even better; I did have an eye on the new Galaxy Tab S8+ but for this price I don’t think I could have get anything better!

That’s surely got to be a stolen item? Why on earth would you trade it in or sell it to CEX when you’d be able to return it for the full amount to apple?

Insane. I just don’t know.

Man of Honour
That’s surely got to be a stolen item? Why on earth would you trade it in or sell it to CEX when you’d be able to return it for the full amount to apple?

To be fair the £1200 price seems to be the CEX selling price nationwide; they pay £696 cash (criminal in my opinion) and £840 trade (also criminal) its nuts

Commissario
OP

Someone has got it as a deal from their phone provider and they’ve just shifted it on for some easy cash.

I just hope this person doesn’t default on their payments and the device ends up getting IMEI blocked.

Soldato
Someone has got it as a deal from their phone provider and they’ve just shifted it on for some easy cash.

I just hope this person doesn’t default on their payments and the device ends up getting IMEI blocked.

Ah never through of that. Makes sense. So it’ll probably get blocked in a months or two. Quick way for people to get cash when desperate.

Commissario
OP

Possibly. It’s only a minuscule chance it’ll happen but the risk is always there. I had an IMEI blocked iPhone returned to us when I used to manage the company account years ago and I figured I could just use it as an iPod but it wouldn’t even get past the initial activation stage, even without a SIM and connected via Wi-Fi.

Caporegime
Sorry for the bump but decided to go for the older pro over the new air but I'm struggling to find a case that covers it all well along the sides as I don't want an Apple Pencil attached. Anyone find a decent case? Or am I doomed to have to put up with a pencil cutout. I've always just used the cheaper J-Tech covers from amazon and even that has a cut out now.

Caporegime
ESR do some nice cases.

Thanks I think I've found one on their website, just not in stock on amazon at the minute.

Regards chargers, this is the first Apple USB C device I've had. I have a USB-A Anker charger I used with my previous iPads with 3 ports. 30W, presumably 10W each. Plugging in a USB A to C cable into this is very slow. I'm using this cable:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DC5PPFV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(I know I have the short apple cable and charger but I want an additional one for work etc)

Am I better off buying a higher rated cable and USB C charger now to speed it up? Something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Powe...647287801&sprefix=anker+usb+c+,aps,91&sr=8-16

and cable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-Ch...1647288253&sprefix=usb+c+to+usb,aps,90&sr=8-4

Anyone have any good chargers they recommend?

Soldato
Yes, 100% use a USB-C > USB-C cable with a fast charger. It’s essential!

I just stick with the anker stuff as well.

As it’s a standard USB-C cable the standard doesn’t really matter but I prefer the longevity and warranty of an anker cable. Mines gets used and abused, folded up while travelling and it still rocking.

Yea seems like a good price. They do have ProMotion 120Hz.

Awesome, very excited, not had a tablet or Apple device for years, had a iPad mini a long time ago and it was one of favourite devices, I like that Apple has stuck with the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Where from?

From Very using 20% welcome discount code, first orders only.

Just finished setting up my 11" iPad Pro, very nice device, Pro motion is heaven, makes all my other devices feel very slow, just getting used to some of the ios quirks compared to Android, the 'double tap the power button' to down apps was driving me crazy at first, obviously setting up a new device your downloading a lot of apps!, anyway I resolved that by disabling faceID for the Appstore, then after a short while the store asks if you want to save the password for free apps, that was a godsend. There doesn't appear to be a raise to wake, or no way to bypass the swipe up to unlock the tablet even with faceID enabled, that seems is a little odd, so used top just picking up my phone and bosh your in.

Man of Honour
From Very using 20% welcome discount code, first orders only.
Where exactly did you put the discount code? I'm trying to use it on a Mac and if I enter the one on the item page to the checkout (for finance) it tells me that it's invalid.

I'm not entirely sure where else I can enter it. It's my first finance order with them (only doing it for the 20% off!).

20% back

Enter UF3FJ at checkout to order on 12 months Buy Now Pay Later, with Very Pay and get your credit back.

Interest is calculated and compounded for the delayed payment period and is added to your account as a lump sum when this ends.

Screenshot-2022-03-20-at-10-51-12.png

Last edited:
Associate
Picked up a decent deal on eBay recently, iPad Pro 11 128GB M1 5G, sealed with “damaged box” which equated to slightly wrinkled corners - £650.

Owned both 12.9 and 11inch iPads last year and sold them when I got my MBP 14 and iPad mini 6, although missed a larger iPad screen with cellular so was going to get the new air but when I saw this I snapped it up.

Back
Top Bottom