Poll: *** The official 2021 iPad Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

The new M1 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters
Soldato
So I missed out on my nearest Apple store, MK, as they had it in stock this morning but no longer have any, nor do any of the 12 nearest stores, but there are a few companies online who have them now but I won't order till I get home this evening. Hopefully I'll be able to get the 12.9 for delivery ASAP.

Associate
So I missed out on my nearest Apple store, MK, as they had it in stock this morning but no longer have any, nor do any of the 12 nearest stores, but there are a few companies online who have them now but I won't order till I get home this evening. Hopefully I'll be able to get the 12.9 for delivery ASAP.

John Lewis has some in stock for delivery

Associate
Ordered Space Grey 12.9 5G 256GB with white Magic Keyboard from John Lewis for delivery tomorrow. I originally ordered from Amazon but cancelled that as I've had a PS5 and 1TB NVMe drive go AWOL in the past, plus payed extra for morning delivery so im not waiting around all day.

Soldato
, it's just a shame there's no easy way to use all that power. The only way for the iPad line to advance from here is if Apple were brave and made them into a proper laptop alternative.
Surely apple Laptop alternative is a Macbook

I no understand why so many people want apple to turn the Ipad into a laptop when apple already sell the macbook :confused::confused::confused:

I would hate to see apple add a fixed keyboard to the ipad and make it non touch screen

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely apple Laptop alternative is a Macbook

I no understand why so many people want apple to turn the Ipad into a laptop when apple already sell the macbook :confused::confused::confused:

I would hate to see apple add a fixed keyboard to the ipad and make it non touch screen

No one wants a fixed screen but what they want is a surface pro like device.

The flexibility of a tablet but also the ability to plug it in and sit down and get some work done.

The iPad has the potential to be that ‘one device to rule them all’ but the software just holds it back from being that device.

Soldato
Don't know if anyone else has noticed but most the 12.9 ones seems to be out of stock already at some places

Wonder if the 12.9 ipads are going end up being impossible to buy like GPU's are

Soldato
I keep thinking of buying an ipad but i can't think of anywhere i go where i would use it :confused:

Feel like if i do buy one it only be due to wanting a new toy to play with :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I was sceptical at just how good the screen would be, and for general usage, it’s really not much different other than brightness. But fire up any HDR content and it’s bloody amazing at how good it is!

Soldato
12.9" 256gb arriving tomorrow from JL. Old 11" going to my wife whose old windows laptop has just packed up.
Will wait for Logitech to release their keyboard though as the magic keyboard is not doing it for me at that price.

Man of Honour
Picked up my Space Grey 1TB 12.9 at lunchtime with a White Magic Keyboard - think the KB will be getting swapped for a black one..
Not seeing too much difference to be honest but did notice the screen when I started flicking through my stuff in Lightroom!
It does feel rapid though!

Soldato
Classic "it just works" then?!

I've never had to switch from one Apple device to another - will my apps and settings automatically shift over when I sign into the new device?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

12.9” 256GB in Space Grey

Picked up the Logitech slim folio keyboard which is great. However, the device is surprisingly heavy (not due to the keyboard just in general).

It’s been a few years since I had an iPad so will take some getting used to. Speeds are insane.

For those experiencing slow WiFi it’s probably because the device is downloading all your iCloud stuff/settings etc in the background. Give it 24hrs and I guarantee it’ll be snappy.

Back
Top Bottom