Poll: *** The Official 2024 iPad thread (the Pro has the M4 chip and everything!) ***

Which 2024 iPad are you going to buy?

• Total voters
Associate
I was so tempted to upgrade from my 2018 iPad Pro and last night I retrieved my current one from where it was charging. As it turned out, I'd plugged it in sometime ago because it had run out of battery but it had never reconnected to Wifi as I hadn't unlocked it - that was 5 weeks ago. Perhaps I do not need a new one :rolleyes:

Soldato
I was so tempted to upgrade from my 2018 iPad Pro and last night I retrieved my current one from where it was charging. As it turned out, I'd plugged it in sometime ago because it had run out of battery but it had never reconnected to Wifi as I hadn't unlocked it - that was 5 weeks ago. Perhaps I do not need a new one :rolleyes:
Got the same model here, curious to see what they go at for trade in....

Man of Honour
I'm hoping for a New iPad Air. My wife trusted our 2 year old with her 4th gen and RIP screen.
Hmm, she uses the smart keyboard with it, by the time you add up the new one plus the cost of the new Air, I think just repairing the screen might be the option as expensive as it is.

Soldato
Would this apply to the Oled Ipads? I am not sure it would. But having said that they never cared about it on their phones so it is unlikely if they do use it on Ipads oleds they wouldn't give a monkeys for people who suffer from this afflication on the ipads.

PWM dimming has been reported to cause eye strain / headaches / migraines in some people, I know there are a few on here that can't use some devices due to this, can't remember if @MOOGLEYS is one of them. But if they are this would probably be a bit of a deal breaker.

Yeah I struggle with headaches from some PWM screens. The iPads and MacBooks with mini led are unusable for me. My phone is tolerable in small doses and varies how it affects me. My iPad Pro M1 is fine with no issues at all.

Might limit any upgrade route if the new oled screens are not tolerable. Thankfully my m1 is more than enough for my usage although I’m tempted to buy another for when it decides to give up..

Soldato
Just ordered a 1Tb 12.9” Pro with Magic Keyboard. Ordered the 1Tb one so I could get the nano glass option - I really don’t like how it’s not an option on the lower specced models.

This will hopefully replace a failing 3rd gen iPad Pro and MacBook Pro. Long wait though as I’m looking at 5 to 6 weeks for delivery of the iPad.

Associate
Just ordered a 1Tb 12.9” Pro with Magic Keyboard. Ordered the 1Tb one so I could get the nano glass option - I really don’t like how it’s not an option on the lower specced models.

This will hopefully replace a failing 3rd gen iPad Pro and MacBook Pro. Long wait though as I’m looking at 5 to 6 weeks for delivery of the iPad.
Im not sure I could justify the outlay but if you remove the pricing element thats going to be a cracking bit of kit!

Associate
Payment declined on my iPad Pro, Apple Pay is a real pain with Barclaycard for blocking large Apple transactions. Went to the Apple website to update the card details and the payment verification screen just came up with a blank box on any of the cards I tried to use. In the end I had to do the online chat who claim to have sorted it.

Soldato
Made up my mind. I’m going for a 128GB or 256GB 13” Air. I can’t justify the Pro anymore. Let’s face it, how many of us will use ‘pro apps’ and utilise that M4 anyway?

I’ve got my existing 2019 12.9” Pro going in for trade in this week which fetches £270 from an Apple partner. It works superbly but the battery is at about 88% health.

The air has a good display still and identical front camera as the Pro, alongside stereo speakers. I lose out on a pro-motion display but since iOS is so smooth anyway, I doubt I’ll notice it missing.

All I do is browsing, media consumption via Plex and email stuffs anyway. I don’t do mobile gaming or heavy app usage.

Last edited:
Associate
Made up my mind. I’m going for a 128GB or 256GB 13” Air. I can’t justify the Pro anymore. Let’s face it, how many of us will use ‘pro apps’ and utilise that M4 anyway?

I’ve got my existing 2019 12.9” Pro going in for trade in this week which fetches £270 from an Apple partner. It works superbly but the battery is at about 88% health.

The air has a good display still and identical front camera as the Pro, alongside stereo speakers. I lose out on a pro-motion display but since iOS is so smooth anyway, I doubt I’ll notice it missing.

All I do is browsing, media consumption via Plex and email stuffs anyway. I don’t do mobile gaming or heavy app usage.
I thought that when I turned off pro-motion on my 13 Pro for a while. Immediately noticed the difference, turned it back on and my 120hz fate was sealed. Lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought that when I turned off pro-motion on my 13 Pro for a while. Immediately noticed the difference, turned it back on and my 120hz fate was sealed. Lol

Totally agree. I could never go back to 60hz.

I’m still baffled with the new Pros why the obsession to make them thinner? Make them thick enough to fill in the camera bulge and give it a 24hr battery. Now that I would trade up my M1 12.9 pro to.

Soldato
Im not sure I could justify the outlay but if you remove the pricing element thats going to be a cracking bit of kit!
It’s a ridiculous amount of money no matter what way you look at it however it does replace two devices which helps me justify it. I’ve plenty of time to change my mind!

Soldato
It’s a ridiculous amount of money no matter what way you look at it however it does replace two devices which helps me justify it. I’ve plenty of time to change my mind!
But an iPad doesn’t replace a MacBook. I tried with the IPad Pro m1 to replace my personal MacBook and older iPad Pro. But it just didn’t work.

In the end I got a Mac Mini for my personal Mac to cover the gaps.

Back
Top Bottom