Poll: *** The Official 2024 iPad thread (the Pro has the M4 chip and everything!) ***

Which 2024 iPad are you going to buy?

• Total voters
Soldato
What are you girls and gals picking? Black or silver?

And are many of you getting the magic keyboard? It's expensive however I tried it out in a shop.keyboard typing was very good! It should be for £300.

I was thinking of getting the black ipad and the white keyboard. Not sure if I'll dislike the white long -term!

Last edited:
Soldato
I went into pc world today and tried out the ipad. All of the laptops I saw (albeit I don't think any oled ones) , the screens looked crap compared to the OLED ipad . Ive just recently turned on my pc with an oled monitor after getting home and can't believe the difference to all the screens at pc world (apart from the ipad) - I don't think I can ever go back to lcd/led screens....

Soldato
What are you girls and gals picking? Black or silver?

And are many of you getting the magic keyboard? It's expensive however I tried it out in a shop.keyboard typing was very good! It should be for £300.

I was thinking of getting the black ipad and the white keyboard. Not sure if I'll dislike the white long -term!

Get the black, the white - or at least the old one gets dirty/smudgy pretty quickly on my brother one.

Associate
Wow the display on the new iPad Pros are next level on HDR content. I want everything OLED now. I have a 11” M2 Pro and compared side by side to my new 11” M4 Pro is night and day.

Soldato
Wow the display on the new iPad Pros are next level on HDR content. I want everything OLED now. I have a 11” M2 Pro and compared side by side to my new 11” M4 Pro is night and day.

It's immense isn't it. I've stopped doing all but work/programming on my MacBook now, I'm not one historically who has been able to see quality increases over the years. For example my Dell IPS wasn't any worse than my Alienware OLED, but these tandem OLED iPad Pros are best in class.

Soldato
That’s why it always makes me laugh when people say Apple are always late with tech. Yes other tablets have been OLED for years but the screens are rubbish, look at the spec for the Samsung S9 tablets that are almost the same price as the iPad Pro, far worse screen.

Man of Honour
I have to admit I decided to return mine. The hardware (iPad 13 M4) and the new Magic Keyboard is incredible; fast, well built and a joy to look at but ultimately for me iPad OS just hadn't moved on in the two years since I last properly had an iPad which is a little dissapointing and is massively holding back the hardware.

Also why they can't just give us proper External Screen supoprt instead of the gimped Stage Manager is anyones guess; if Samsung can do it on their tablets with DEX I have zero doubt Apple can do it; they just choose not to.

I'll be keeping a close eye on WWDC in the next week or so so see if there's anything exciting coming though; part of me thinks they haven't made such large upgrades to the hardware without something special coming in the software too but perhaps I'm giving Apple too much benefit of the doubt!

Last edited:
Soldato
New iPad Pro 12.9 turned up, I don't have my old 5th Gen iPad Pro any more so I can't do a side-by-side comparison but I have I haven't noticed a major difference in the screen!

I guess my gripes apart from the lack of 'user' profiles is there is no wireless charging, also why has 'always on' been omitted from OLED iPad Pro.

OK I'm sure the M4 CPU is super duper but again it's just an 'iteration' of the iPad, I guess I was expecting from all the hype to be a bit more 'wow'!

Last edited:
Soldato
Writing this post on mine. Coughed up for the Magic Keyboard too. Overall it’s not that much heavier than my old 2nd gen one with the keyboard folio case. Can’t say I mind backlit keys tbh. It’s also not too bad to use in bed if you angle it properly.

Screen is obviously the main attraction - in the day there’s not a big difference unless you’re watching HDR stuff on Safari (y u suck YouTube app?) but at night… another matter entirely when it comes to watching video.

Not blown away but it’s a nice upgrade after 5 or so years.

Soldato
Well here’s something I didn’t think I’d be writing - I’m sending my Pro 12.9 back. Although I’ve only had it a few days I’ve been extremely underwhelmed probably due to my use case which is nothing heavy. I upgraded from a gen 3 Pro and find the differences minimal. Even the battery life isn’t that much different which really surprised me. Plus iPadOS 18 offers nothing over AI - another disappointment!

Last edited:
Soldato
I 'lost' my old iPad (long and very dull story), I had my previous iPad Pro 12.9 since 2021 so for me I don't have the choice to 'send it back', if I still had my old iPad Pro I think I probably would.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom