****The Official 5G Home Broadband Thread**** (Three/EE/Vodafone/etc)

Soldato
Indeed, they offer they are doing right now £22 over 24 months, with 6 months half price and £100 prepaid card works out at £15.08p a month, so great deal. SMARTY is £16, which is the same speed/data limits etc. but only a 30-day contract.
No, £22 over 12 months. You can dance about with 3% cashback on my credit card etc. and tramps giving you 20p for a coffee etc. but fundamentally the prices quoted above are not the ones from the providers websites, they're not the best deals available (especially if you want a mobile phone and a couple of other SIMs). They're just not.

Soldato
No, £22 over 12 months. You can dance about with 3% cashback on my credit card etc. and tramps giving you 20p for a coffee etc. but fundamentally the prices quoted above are not the ones from the providers websites, they're not the best deals available (especially if you want a mobile phone and a couple of other SIMs). They're just not.

I know, I pay £3pm ( Yes 3 GBP) for Unlimited Data from Three, and the offer I just said is on their website. Why are you trying to cause an argument for no reason at all? :confused::confused::confused:

LktMXTD.png

Soldato
I know, I pay £3pm ( Yes 3 GBP) for Unlimited Data from Three, and the offer I just said is on their website. Why are you trying to cause an argument for no reason at all? :confused::confused::confused:

LktMXTD.png
I'm not (but you might be) All the prices the post was about was supposedly 12 month contracts. You cannot currently get a Three contract for £16 per month over 12 months. It's £22 per month. The deal you have posted is a 24 month contract. If you go to 24 month contracts then Vodafone is £25 with entertainment bundles and I would argue that's a better deal. And if you have another Vodafone contract then you get something off that again. There is no denying that Three and Smarty are cheaper but they're not so much cheaper as the post that started tghis was trying to make out. And EE charges a premium because in general they have better coverage and faster speeds.

Soldato
All the prices the post was about was supposedly 12 month contracts.
Were they?
EE - £50 upfront then £50/month for 18 months = £950.
Vodafone - £60 upfront then £50/month for 24 months = £1260.

It looks to me like the person who mentioned this had 18/24 months no mention of 12 months, unless you wish to link to another poster you were referring to.

Soldato
£16 for 30 days even better, you are literally arguing over nothing. I'm not sure what your point is either, are you trying to get people worse deals?
I’m not arguing. You seem desperate to get into an argument though. I’m trying to make sure people don’t dismiss the mainstream networks because someone posts inaccurate information. That’s all.

Soldato
I’m not arguing. You seem desperate to get into an argument though. I’m trying to make sure people don’t dismiss the mainstream networks because someone posts inaccurate information. That’s all.

You've not done that though, the poster stated facts and prices from the providers web page and you instantly dismissed that asking where the prices even came from. When that was demonstrated you started trying to divert with contact lengths. How is any of this helpful? If you want a connection with a router as per what was pointed out those are the prices, if not the posted showed a price break down and how they would work out going forward. Far more informative that anything you've contributed so far.

Soldato
I think I’ve done that. The person who posted posted a deal that didn’t exist on Three’s website and then listed other deals that YOU say came from EE’s and Vodafone’s websites only I can’t find them on there, only better ones.

You can fan Three all you like but they’re not as cheap as you and others are trying to make out, they’re not in as many places as EE or Vodafone and quite often they can’t offer carrier aggregation like EE and Vodafone which makes them slower.

It seems that I have caused an argument. I got the payment plans for unlimited data from the EE and Vodafone web sites.

EE - £50 upfront and £50/month. Minimum term of 18 months.
Vodafone - £60 upfront and £50/month. Minimum term of 24 months.

On Three, I pay £16/month. Minimum term of 12 months. If people are paying more than £16 on Three, then they're probably on an older plan.

Soldato
Hi folks, I’ve had no sky fibre internet for the past 3 weeks due to a driver crashing into our telephone pole and cutting off everyone’s broadband! Expected fix is at least a month away as openreach need the council to close the road :( anyway this got me thinking might be a good time to switch to 5g home broadband.

I get good speeds and signal on Vodafone 5g. Would it be best to get a 5g router or just a USB dongle and plug it into an old wifi router ?

I see I can get a lebara 30 day unlimited 5g sim for £25, are there any other good offers? Three and EE have awful signal where I live so can’t go with them.

Any router reccomendations also gratefully receives !

Back
Top Bottom